DV Dongle Trouble

  • josephwhite200
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 2009
      After several days of trying to get Java 6 u13 to work, I finally got Java 6 u6 to work. The DV Tool PTT Button is grayed out. The system seems to open fine and all looks good but no green PTT. I am suppose to be registered on WD4STR and everything shows that I am. My system was working just fine two weeks ago until I tired to upgrade to Java 13. I have three DV Dongles and this is the only one giving me trouble on this computer. Any suggestions at this point? I have run out of options myself.

      Joe White - KE4TV
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8, 2009
        Hi Joe. From the logs it looks like there were several connections with no DV Dongle serial number. When you open the device, do you get a serial number on the screen? Do you get a momentary blue and yellow LED flash? When you go to the devices tab and click on the "DV Device:" selection box, is there only one com port listed?

        Run "dvtooldbg.bat" and send the files ascpseriald.txt and dvtool.txt to me via email and I'll take a look.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "josephwhite200" <josephwhite2@...> wrote:

        > After several days of trying to get Java 6 u13 to work, I finally got Java 6 u6 to work. The DV Tool PTT Button is grayed out. The system seems to open fine and all looks good but no green PTT. I am suppose to be registered on WD4STR and everything shows that I am. My system was working just fine two weeks ago until I tired to upgrade to Java 13. I have three DV Dongles and this is the only one giving me trouble on this computer. Any suggestions at this point? I have run out of options myself.
        >
        > Joe White - KE4TV

      • Jeff Davis
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2009
          On Wed, 08 Apr 2009, josephwhite200 wrote:

          > After several days of trying to get Java 6 u13 to work, I finally got Java 6 u6 to work. The DV Tool PTT Button is grayed out. The system seems to open fine and all looks good but no green PTT. I am suppose to be registered on WD4STR and everything shows that I am. My system was working just fine two weeks ago until I tired to upgrade to Java 13. I have three DV Dongles and this is the only one giving me trouble on this computer. Any suggestions at this point? I have run out of options myself.

          Hi Joe.

          Do you by any chance have the module selector set to * ?

          Jeff, KE9V
        • josephwhite200
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 9, 2009
            OK, I will try to get those file to you.
            Thanks for the help.

            > Hi Joe. From the logs it looks like there were several connections with no DV Dongle serial number. When you open the device, do you get a serial number on the screen? Do you get a momentary blue and yellow LED flash? When you go to the devices tab and click on the "DV Device:" selection box, is there only one com port listed?
            >
            > Run "dvtooldbg.bat" and send the files ascpseriald.txt and dvtool.txt to me via email and I'll take a look.

            > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "josephwhite200" <josephwhite2@> wrote:
            > >
            > > After several days of trying to get Java 6 u13 to work, I finally got Java 6 u6 to work. The DV Tool PTT Button is grayed out. The system seems to open fine and all looks good but no green PTT. I am suppose to be registered on WD4STR and everything shows that I am. My system was working just fine two weeks ago until I tired to upgrade to Java 13. I have three DV Dongles and this is the only one giving me trouble on this computer. Any suggestions at this point? I have run out of options myself.
            > >
            > > Joe White - KE4TV

          • josephwhite200
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 9, 2009
              Hi Jeff,

              No, I am trying to connect to several different repeaters in town and am setting the mode to B or C. Thanks for the suggestion though.
              Joe - KE4TV