Re: [DVDongle] Ubuntu Success

  • Robert Watson
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2009
      Great news, Jeff. Has anyone had a similar success with Puppy Linux 4.2?
      Bob, KN4HH

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7, 2009
        Yes. Been there done that. All works as expected.

        Mark

        On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 14:01 -0700, Robert Watson wrote:
        > Great news, Jeff. Has anyone had a similar success with Puppy Linux 4.2?
        > Bob, KN4HH

        Mark Phillips, G7LTT/NI2O
        Randolph, NJ
      • Robert Watson
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2009
          Great, Mark. Would share with me the setup. I have discovered that the console in Puppy Linux does not support the entire command set of full disto Linux and do not know how to create a .pet package for DV Tool and JRE.

          Many thanks for your comments.
          Bob, KN4HH

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 8, 2009
            You don't need to create a .pet; simply unzip the DVTool archive into
            your chosen directory and run ./dvtool.sh.

            Java should already be there but if it isn't then use the package
            manager to download and install it.

            I really didn't have to do anything other than this.

            Mark