DV DONGLE USE ON NETBOOKS

  • daveg7tcm
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2009
      This is my first post to the group but have read with great interest for some time.I'm thinking of buying a Samsung NC10 notebook and wonder if anyone else has done so and had success using the dongle on wifi or, indeed, hardwire connectivity. I'm currently using the DVD on a small form-factor pc: XP PRO, usb2, 1.5Ghz proc, 1Gb ram, logitec 3.5mm jacks headset, adsl internet, on-board audio system, beta5/java13 setup with no problems at all and good audio reports. I take this system around when I travel, with great success and not inconsiderable weight, including monitor and other bits! So you can see why I'm interested in the notebook route. Any notebook experiences would be much appreciated.

      Dave
      G7TCM in London, England.
    • Mark Phillips
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2009
        I have mine running on my Acer Aspire One under Ubuntu without any
        difficulty.

        Mark

        --

        Mark Phillips, G7LTT/NI2O
        Randolph, NJ
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2009
          Hi Dave,

          I bought an NC10 and it seems to work with the dongle no trouble at all. I've found that I use the NC10 more than my previous (larger) laptop since I bought it. I guess this is what true portability does for us. The battery life is superb also.

          73 de Neil G7EBY.