Dongle problem

  • Leanne
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
      I can connect to a reflector without any problems and have checked into
      several nets. The problem that I have is when I try to connect to wb4hro
      (for example), I do not get the green PTT box as it stays grayed out. Go to
      a reflector and all is well. Only program running is for the air card.

      Leanne
      W1WXS
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
        Hi Leanne. You are only registered as "W1WXS L". You probably want to create the "space" entry as described at http://www.dstargateway.org

        To transmit, you have to have the "L" in the 8th character, just as you are registered.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Leanne" <leanne@...> wrote:

        > I can connect to a reflector without any problems and have checked into
        > several nets. The problem that I have is when I try to connect to wb4hro
        > (for example), I do not get the green PTT box as it stays grayed out. Go to
        > a reflector and all is well. Only program running is for the air card.
        >
        > Leanne
        > W1WXS

      • Woodrick, Ed
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009

          Does this happen for all repeater systems that you connect to, or just WB4HRO? Try W4DOC and see what you get.

          Not all repeaters allow DVDongles to connect. And most repeaters have a limit to the number of DVDongles that can connect.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009

            This usually means you have not selected a module (A,B,C) but have left it in '*' (Monitor all) mode.

            On Apr 6, 2009, at 5:27 AM, Leanne wrote:

            I can connect to a reflector without any problems and have checked into
            several nets. The problem that I have is when I try to connect to wb4hro
            (for example), I do not get the green PTT box as it stays grayed out. Go to
            a reflector and all is well. Only program running is for the air card.

            Leanne
            W1WXS

            John Hays
            Amateur Radio: K7VE

          • Leanne
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
              Thanks Robin.... I figured it was some simple cockpit problem on my part.

              Leanne