Dongle not connecting

  • wg8dx
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2009
      It worked 2 days ago just fine but now can't get serial number and device name to appear.
      Software version is beta5 with Java update 13. Blue light flashes for a second when trying to Open or connect. No other lights are "on" on the dongle. Finds the comm ports and gateway list with no problem.

      PC is Dell D630 laptop with Windowa XP pro, 2.2 Ghz, Dual Core, 3 mb ram, Fast Cable modem. Windows Firewall off, no virus software or other programs running. Fresh install. FTDI drivers running correctly. Uninstalled Java and reinstalled.

      Loaded beta 5 and Java on 2 other desktop XP PC's here with same not able to get dongle running issue. Softare finds comm ports and gateway list but wont connect or recognize Dongle serial number.

      Purchased Dongle 3 weeks ago and it has neen working fine on two diffrent PC's.

      Is there a way to reboot or reset the Dongle? Could it be defective?

      Thanks and 73,
      Gary W8VI
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2009
        Hi Gary. If the DV Dongle is pulsing the green light and you see both the blue and yellow LEDs flash when you try to open, it should be working. If you don't see those LEDs flash, it is possible that you have another FTDI USB device on your PC and need to change the device to a different com port. Please run the "dvtooldbg.bat" file and then send the files ascpseriald.txt and dvtool.txt to me at robin@.... Please include your DV Dongle serial number if you have it.

        Also, please try connecting to the W4DOC gateway and I'll take a look at the logs.