TRiCounty/Braselton D-Star Repeater

  • Eddie Gilbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2009

      Good morning everyone,

      The D-Star Repeater is back on the air.  The repeater callsign is WJ4FD (as in West Jackson 4 Fire Department, it has to be easy for me to remember it)  and the frequency for now is going to remain the same as Joes old frequency 440.5875 + offset.  The repeater is located back on the Braselton Water tower and will soon be connected to the gateway.

      IMPORTANT  When programming your radio remember that the repeater type (A,B,C G) must be in the seventh positioning.  So with the shorter callsign you must put two spaces before the B and the G.  Example, WJ4FD**B and WJ4FD**G.  * = blank space is what you will need to enter.

      As Joe had it, I too plan on having it connect automatically to the Southeaster D-Star weather net each Sunday night.

      Hope you hear you on there.

      Stay Safe!!!

      Ed Gilbert

      Lieutenant