hello from a german based dv dongle owner

  • Hanno Vogels
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 18, 2008
      hello to the group,
      as a new dongle...and even new d-star user...I ahve a question: why do
      we not see all gateways? I see only a few of the existing, compared to
      the list of active d-star repeater.
      thank you in advance

      greetings from munich germany

      hanno, dk3hv
    • Mark Thompson
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 18, 2008
        It's my understanding that for gateways to be available to the Dongle the gateways need to have the dplus software installed & properly configured.

        73, Mark, WB9QZB
        Chicago, IL

        as a new dongle...and even new d-star user...I ahve a question: why do
        we not see all gateways? I see only a few of the existing, compared to
        the list of active d-star repeater.
        thank you in advance

        greetings from munich germany

        hanno, dk3hv

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • WkStill
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 18, 2008
          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Hanno Vogels" <hanno@...> wrote:

          > hello to the group,
          > as a new dongle...and even new d-star user...I ahve a question: why
          do
          > we not see all gateways? I see only a few of the existing, compared
          > the list of active d-star repeater.
          > thank you in advance
          >
          > greetings from munich germany
          >
          > hanno, dk3hv

          Only Gateways connected to the Trust, and Gateways running
          dplus .103+ are available. (From what I have figured out)..

          ie, My Gateway is online, running the lastest everything, with a
          static IP, however, it is not in the list, as its not added to the
          trust, becuase they are not adding anymore v1 gateways.

          However, you can view it @ jfindu, and dsync.dstarusers.org.

          William Stillwell
          KI4SWY
          President/Trustee/GW Admin
          West Pasco Repeater Group I (KJ4BYI)
        • Hanno, DK3HV
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 19, 2008
            Re: hello from a german based dv dongle owner

            okay, thank you for the infor. We will dive deeper in the D-Star system.... will get our D-Star repeater on top of the Olympictower 200 m above Munich on air very soon. See you on the air. Best wishes from Munich

            -----------------------------

            Hanno Vogels, DK3HV

            eMail: hanno@...

            EL: DB0EL-R or DM0ZIR-L

            phone: +49 8102 729600

            fax: +49 8102 729655

            http://www.dk3hv.com

            http://www.50mhz.de

            http://www.yaesu-museum.com

          • nj6n
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 20, 2008
              Hello,

              Have you contacted ICOM to have your gateway certified? Have you been specifically told
              that they are not adding anymore gateways?

              Brian
              NJ6N

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 20, 2008
                Ray Novak stated at the Orlando Hamfest (2/9/2008) (Robin was present
                at the time I was asking Ray), and Ray stated he was under the
                understanding they were not adding anymore V1 Gateways.

                I have also sent Fred Verian an email on 2/8/2008 stated everything
                was up and ready for "Testing", and asked him about a small callsign
                issue (Which I took care of on Saturday when speaking with Ray and
                Robin at the Hamfest. And our small group now have a club call for
                the repeater (just waiting on the florida repeater council now.).
                Since then, I have received any email responses from Fred.