Re: Unable to open DVTool

  • vesterscott
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 29, 2009
      Robin,

      Still no joy.

      The Logitech headset/mic is set up as the default. It works fine with MagicJack and Skype. The MagicJack device was not plugged in while attempting DV-Dongle, BTW.

      I successfully reinstalled the FTDI drivers this morning.

      The DV-Dongle WAS plugged in when I attempted to start DVTool.jar.

      System Tools/Device Manager sees the DV-Dongle as a "USB Serial Converter" under "USB Controllers." I also confirmed that this disappears when I unplug the DV-Dongle.

      When I run dvtooldbg.bat it flashes the window briefly (way too fast to read anything) and then shuts down.

      If I move the DV-Dongle to a different USB port, it re-installs the dongle drivers (as expected) and the LED resumes pulsing normally.

      OS is Vista Home Premium 32, BTW, on a Fujitsu Lifebook.

      The DV-Dongle was working fine until very recently. Poor thing appears to be breathing normally, but in a coma. :-(

      I'm probably still doing something wrong.

      Vester N8EKA