Re: DVTool 1.10 beta5 available

  • djs13
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 28, 2009
      Robin,

      This update is not working with my iMac. It gives me an error that it:

      "Cannot find ascpserialdimac" exactly as I typed it there.

      imac is the file extension but the error message seems to suggest the period was omitted between the file name and extension. Thus when I or another Mac user tries to run it it glitches. If the error message has this issue could that be why this will not run? It's looking for a file that does not exist?

      I have downloaded the file into the DVTool filder on my desktop. I have no issues running 1.05 from the same folder.

      Thanks for the great products and support. I wish everyone gave this much to their products.

      Dan S.
      KO1D
      Mechanicsburg, PA

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 28, 2009
        Hi Dan. On the Mac, you have to have "." in your path. For that reason, I created the "dvtool" file which is a shell script that modifies the path before running DVTool.jar. Note that you cannot just double-click on the jar files to run them. Try renaming your DVTool.jar file to something else and then rename your beta jar file to DVTool.jar. Then run the "dvtool" script.

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 28, 2009
          I did that and it did not work. The error message comes up the same. It cannot find that imac file. But when the error message comes up it does not show a dot in the file name. It runs it together so I wondered if in the script it was misnamed somehow and that caused the bug?

          I get the interface which looks great. But then I cannot access the DV Device. If I revert to 1.05 and use the anmes as you describe no error comes up.

          > Hi Dan. On the Mac, you have to have "." in your path. For that reason, I created the "dvtool" file which is a shell script that modifies the path before running DVTool.jar. Note that you cannot just double-click on the jar files to run them. Try renaming your DVTool.jar file to something else and then rename your beta jar file to DVTool.jar. Then run the "dvtool" script.

          > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "djs13" <djs13pa@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Robin,
          > >
          > > This update is not working with my iMac. It gives me an error that it:
          > >
          > > "Cannot find ascpserialdimac" exactly as I typed it there.
          > >
          > > imac is the file extension but the error message seems to suggest the period was omitted between the file name and extension. Thus when I or another Mac user tries to run it it glitches. If the error message has this issue could that be why this will not run? It's looking for a file that does not exist?
          > >
          > > I have downloaded the file into the DVTool filder on my desktop. I have no issues running 1.05 from the same folder.
          > >
          > > Thanks for the great products and support. I wish everyone gave this much to their products.
          > >
          > > Dan S.
          > > KO1D
          > > Mechanicsburg, PA
          > >

          > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Cutshaw" <aa4rc@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > The next beta release of version 1.10 is available. Please download
          > > > and install in the DVTool folder that is on your desktop. You can find
          > > > it at:
          > > >
          > > > http://www.opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-1.10beta5.jar
          > > >
          > > > Beta4 fixes (hopefully) the delayed audio problem seen by some in beta4. Timing for PTT has been adjusted so you should not have to delay unkeying. Popup messages from the gateway name server and individual gateways are now supported.
          > > >
          > > > Some folks might need to rename their old DVTool.jar file and then
          > > > rename the beta to DVTool.jar.
          > > >

          > > > 73,
          > > > Robin
          > > > AA4RC

        • djs13
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 28, 2009
            Disregard my last I see what I was doing. Sorry.