Would really like to run on a netbook with screen res 800x600

  • Jonathan Knowles
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26, 2009
      I love the idea of DV Dongle. I really wanted to use it with a new netbook. Only problem is that the screen resolution of netbooks is 800x600. There is no way to scroll down or move the window to have access to the controls.

      Sure would be nice to have the window scroll- or some other solution. Combo of very small portable netbook and DV Dongle would be very cool.

      Jonathan
      K1DOD
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 26, 2009
        Hi Jonathan. As mentioned in previous messages, the beta releases have been sized to fit on the netbook.

        Unfortunately, the netbook CPU speed is right on the margin of usablility with the DV Dongle. It works for some and not for others.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan Knowles" <jkfilter@...> wrote:

        > I love the idea of DV Dongle. I really wanted to use it with a new netbook. Only problem is that the screen resolution of netbooks is 800x600. There is no way to scroll down or move the window to have access to the controls.
        >
        > Sure would be nice to have the window scroll- or some other solution. Combo of very small portable netbook and DV Dongle would be very cool.
        >
        > Jonathan
        > K1DOD

      • Jonathan Knowles
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 26, 2009
          Thanks Robin,

          I can't believe i didn't search first- bonehead move on my part. Sorry to make you repeat.

          I will now search for info on signing up for/using the appropriate beta versions and give it a try. :)

          jonathan
          k1dod

          > Hi Jonathan. As mentioned in previous messages, the beta releases have been sized to fit on the netbook.
          >
          > Unfortunately, the netbook CPU speed is right on the margin of usablility with the DV Dongle. It works for some and not for others.

          > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan Knowles" <jkfilter@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I love the idea of DV Dongle. I really wanted to use it with a new netbook. Only problem is that the screen resolution of netbooks is 800x600. There is no way to scroll down or move the window to have access to the controls.
          > >
          > > Sure would be nice to have the window scroll- or some other solution. Combo of very small portable netbook and DV Dongle would be very cool.
          > >
          > > Jonathan
          > > K1DOD

        • Kenneth L. Bryant
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 30, 2009

            How about we all put together a list of netbooks that work with the Dongle as well as those that do not?

            Ken

            KF4CZB

          • Bob Norris
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 30, 2009