Hardware revision considerations?

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2009
      Hi,
      I'm just curious if there has been any consideration give to updating the DV dongle to use the AMBE-3000?
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2009
        Hi Steve.

        The AMBE-3000 does not add any features that are applicable to D-Star. We do have a few of the chips and will probably make a prototype just to test it in case they discontinue the 2000.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 10, 2009
          Hi Robin,
          I realize that. But it just seems that at least the initial intention of the Dongle was for developers.

          My understanding is that the AMBE-3000 supports DVSI's AMBE+2 Vocoder technology.

          ABBE+2 reportedly can fully interoperable with the current P25 IMBE standard.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 10, 2009
            Actually, the 3000 does not fully interoperate with IMBE/P25. The last we heard it only does half rate phase two which is not widely implemented.

            Robin