Description of Bit Error Display

  • Greg Forrest
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2009

      Hi Robin:

      I could not locate any information on the bit error display.  Could you advise the difference in the two numbers (X / Y)?  Is this the errors in the voice coding  or signaling?

      Greg

      N6LDJ

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2009
        Hi Greg. Since this is a beta, no documentation has been released.
        The bit error display was discussed on this list earlier though.

        The first number is a running sum of errors over a 0.5 second time
        period and the second is the maximum number of bit errors in any one
        20ms packet during a transmission.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Forrest" <intermod@...> wrote:

        > Hi Robin:
        >

        > I could not locate any information on the bit error display. Could
        you
        > advise the difference in the two numbers (X / Y)? Is this the
        errors in the
        > voice coding or signaling?
        >

        > Greg
        >
        > N6LDJ

      • Greg Forrest
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2009
          I thought it was discussed - changed computers and did not migrate old
          email....

          So these are the voice frame errors and not necessarily errors in the
          signaling/routing information? If so, while most errors would likely be from
          poor quality uplink on the RF side, errors could also result in the
          connection between the Dongle and gateway / reflector?

          Thanks for the quick reply.

          Greg