dvtool.jar was not executing in Vista64; RESOLVED

  • Greg Forrest
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 4, 2009
      Robin, All:

      I had been unable to get the dvtool running. Dvtool.jar is dated 12/26/08.
      When I executed the dvtool.jar file, nothing occurred; not even a dos window
      appeared. Came across Robin's and William Stillwell's earlier responses
      (search: vista64).

      Went to a dos window and ran the following:

      C:\Users\user\Desktop\DVTool>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe"
      -jar DVTool.jar

      DVTool Version 1.05
      Operating System Windows Vista
      Operating System version 6.0
      Architecture x86

      java version 1.6.0_11
      java vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
      java vm.specification.version 1.0
      java vm.specification.vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
      java vm.specification.name Java Virtual Machine Specification
      java vm.version 11.0-b16
      java vm.vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
      java vm.name Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
      java specification.version 1.6
      java specification.vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
      java specification.name Java Platform API Specification

      Found an FTDI serial device on COM3
      Found 1 com ports

      Searching for audio input devices
      Searching for audio output devices
      source mixer 0 description (Direct Audio Device: DirectSound Playback) added
      source mixer 0 name (Primary Sound Driver) added
      source mixer 4 version (1.0) added
      Finished searching for audio devices

      Audio input device error m_targetLine unavailable
      Audio input device error m_targetLine unavailable

      Last line was the error. The problem was found to be that the on-board
      sound was setup to automatically detect insertion of plugs; I had no
      microphone plugged into the mic input jack at the time; this was found when
      viewing control panel/sound for my drivers. As soon as I plugged in a mic,
      dvtool.jar ran fine. Simple solution; all my previous machines did not
      have "plug detection". I am not sure this is a desireable feature...

      Greg
      N6LDJ