Help with new beta 1.10 v4

  • Jon Rorke
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2009
      Hi All I'm reletively new to the DV dongle on this group.
      I have downloaded the current release of the DV tool V1.05 and all
      seems to work ok.
      But then I tried to upgrade to the V1.10 beta V4.
      I renamed the jar files accordingly.
      But when I run the new jar file I can't select any gateways or
      reflectors.
      There is nothing in the pulldown list.

      I can connect to the Com 3 as before and the software reports
      Firmware version 1.11 and boot version 1.04.
      It is recognising the Dv dongle and the serial number is displayed.

      As I said before everything seems to work except it can't get the
      gateway list so I cannot connect to anything witht his new beta.

      My pc is a P4 3 gig machine with 1 gig of ram so I believe I have
      enoght hoarse power and I have hi speed internet.

      I ran the dv too bat file and this an error it reported:

      reg exec error >Cannot run program "reg.exe": CreateProcess error=2,
      The system cannot find the file specified
      No com port s/n found

      Any suggestions?

      Thanks,

      Jon VA3RQ
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2009
        Hi Jon. What operating system are you using? The error seems to
        indicate Windows but it does not look like XP nor Vista.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Rorke" <jrorke@...> wrote:

        > Hi All I'm reletively new to the DV dongle on this group.
        > I have downloaded the current release of the DV tool V1.05 and all
        > seems to work ok.
        > But then I tried to upgrade to the V1.10 beta V4.
        > I renamed the jar files accordingly.
        > But when I run the new jar file I can't select any gateways or
        > reflectors.
        > There is nothing in the pulldown list.
        >
        > I can connect to the Com 3 as before and the software reports
        > Firmware version 1.11 and boot version 1.04.
        > It is recognising the Dv dongle and the serial number is displayed.
        >
        > As I said before everything seems to work except it can't get the
        > gateway list so I cannot connect to anything witht his new beta.
        >
        > My pc is a P4 3 gig machine with 1 gig of ram so I believe I have
        > enoght hoarse power and I have hi speed internet.
        >
        > I ran the dv too bat file and this an error it reported:
        >

        > reg exec error >Cannot run program "reg.exe": CreateProcess
        error=2,
        > The system cannot find the file specified
        > No com port s/n found
        >
        > Any suggestions?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Jon VA3RQ

      • Jon Rorke
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2009
          Hi Robin , I have windows 2000 sp 4.

          As I said before the older jar file works ok but the latest doesnt.

          regards,

          Jon

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
            Jon, unfortunately Windows 2000 is not supported. I'll try to locate
            a win2k PC to see if I can tell what's going on.

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Rorke" <jrorke@...> wrote:

            > Hi Robin , I have windows 2000 sp 4.
            >
            > As I said before the older jar file works ok but the latest doesnt.
            >
            > regards,
            >
            > Jon
            >

            > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Cutshaw" <aa4rc@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Jon. What operating system are you using? The error seems to
            > > indicate Windows but it does not look like XP nor Vista.

            > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Rorke" <jrorke@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi All I'm reletively new to the DV dongle on this group.
            > > > I have downloaded the current release of the DV tool V1.05 and
            > all
            > > > seems to work ok.
            > > > But then I tried to upgrade to the V1.10 beta V4.
            > > > I renamed the jar files accordingly.
            > > > But when I run the new jar file I can't select any gateways or
            > > > reflectors.
            > > > There is nothing in the pulldown list.
            > > >
            > > > I can connect to the Com 3 as before and the software reports
            > > > Firmware version 1.11 and boot version 1.04.
            > > > It is recognising the Dv dongle and the serial number is
            > displayed.
            > > >
            > > > As I said before everything seems to work except it can't get
            the
            > > > gateway list so I cannot connect to anything witht his new beta.
            > > >
            > > > My pc is a P4 3 gig machine with 1 gig of ram so I believe I
            have
            > > > enoght hoarse power and I have hi speed internet.
            > > >
            > > > I ran the dv too bat file and this an error it reported:
            > > >

            > > > reg exec error >Cannot run program "reg.exe": CreateProcess
            > > error=2,
            > > > The system cannot find the file specified
            > > > No com port s/n found
            > > >
            > > > Any suggestions?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks,
            > > >
            > > > Jon VA3RQ

          • Joel Barrett (jobarret)
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
              Windows may have renumbered the com port you are using for the DV Dongle.
              Make sure it really is connected to Com 3.

              Joel

              --
              Joel Barrett
              678-640-0634

              Hi Jon. What operating system are you using? The error seems to
              indicate Windows but it does not look like XP nor Vista.

              --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Rorke" <jrorke@...> wrote:

              > Hi All I'm reletively new to the DV dongle on this group.
              > I have downloaded the current release of the DV tool V1.05 and all
              > seems to work ok.
              > But then I tried to upgrade to the V1.10 beta V4.
              > I renamed the jar files accordingly.
              > But when I run the new jar file I can't select any gateways or
              > reflectors.
              > There is nothing in the pulldown list.
              >
              > I can connect to the Com 3 as before and the software reports
              > Firmware version 1.11 and boot version 1.04.
              > It is recognising the Dv dongle and the serial number is displayed.
              >
              > As I said before everything seems to work except it can't get the
              > gateway list so I cannot connect to anything witht his new beta.
              >
              > My pc is a P4 3 gig machine with 1 gig of ram so I believe I have
              > enoght hoarse power and I have hi speed internet.
              >
              > I ran the dv too bat file and this an error it reported:
              >

              > reg exec error >Cannot run program "reg.exe": CreateProcess
              error=2,
              > The system cannot find the file specified
              > No com port s/n found
              >
              > Any suggestions?
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Jon VA3RQ

            • rupert_hamblin
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 18, 2009
                Hi Robin,

                I have a quick question on beta 1.10v4, I have been running this with
                my new Dongle for a few days now - the problem I am seeing is
                excessive bad audio and garbling. In the main window at the bottom
                right hand side, there is a field marked 'Errors / Bit Errors' - can
                you tell me the meaning and significance of the field and the values
                I've been seeing. On bad audio I see figures of 96/4 or 168/4 and
                usually on good audio 0/0....

                Any help gratefully received...

                Cheers & 73's / G0TKZ

                <PS> I've also recently downgraded my Java away from version 11..