need alittle help

  • harwood443@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 28, 2008
      i have myself tryed to install on vista the dongle i have the green
      pulseing light on the dongle and also have got dv tool installed and
      entered my callsign .But have no luck conecting and have come up on the
      bottom(cannot find ascpserialdexe ) .any ideas how to solve this.thanks
      Darryl(2e0vno)
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 28, 2008
        Please read the FAQ section on http://www.dvdongle.com where the
        ascpseriald problem is discussed. If you follow the installation
        instructions, the ascpseriald problem does not occur.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "harwood443@..." <harwood443@...>

      • harwood443@btinternet.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 29, 2008
          >thanks for your help it has worked using the info on the site .DARRYL
          (2E0VNO

          > Please read the FAQ section on http://www.dvdongle.com where the
          > ascpseriald problem is discussed. If you follow the installation
          > instructions, the ascpseriald problem does not occur.

          > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "harwood443@" <harwood443@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > i have myself tryed to install on vista the dongle i have the
          green
          > > pulseing light on the dongle and also have got dv tool installed
          and
          > > entered my callsign .But have no luck conecting and have come up
          on
          > the
          > > bottom(cannot find ascpserialdexe ) .any ideas how to solve
          > this.thanks
          > > Darryl(2e0vno)

        • baza
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 31, 2008
            wrote:

            > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Cutshaw" <aa4rc@> wrote:
            > >thanks for your help it has worked using the info on the
            site .DARRYL
            > (2E0VNO
            >

            > > Please read the FAQ section on http://www.dvdongle.com where the
            > > ascpseriald problem is discussed. If you follow the installation
            > > instructions, the ascpseriald problem does not occur.

            > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "harwood443@" <harwood443@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > i have myself tryed to install on vista the dongle i have the
            > green
            > > > pulseing light on the dongle and also have got dv tool
            installed
            > and
            > > > entered my callsign .But have no luck conecting and have come
            up
            > on
            > > the
            > > > bottom(cannot find ascpserialdexe ) .any ideas how to solve
            > > this.thanks
            > > > Darryl(2e0vno)

            Hi i had the same problem last night with my dv dongle , so what i
            done was made a dir on my c: drive DV dongle then put the zipped file
            in it and unzip it in that Dir , went into the unzipped folder and
            made a shortcut to my desktop and the it worked ok here but i am
            useing Windows xp pro , i can get onto and lisen to repts but dont
            have any tx for some reason ? hope that this will work for you ,
            i will have a go at tx problem later ... Barry M1CQN
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 31, 2008
              Hi Barry. I don't see your callsign registered on the D-Star gateway
              system. You will need to be registered to transmit.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009
                -- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Cutshaw" <aa4rc@...> wrote:

                > Hi Barry. I don't see your callsign registered on the D-Star
                gateway
                > system. You will need to be registered to transmit.

                > > Hi i had the same problem last night with my dv dongle , so what
                > > done was made a dir on my c: drive DV dongle then put the zipped
                file
                > > in it and unzip it in that Dir , went into the unzipped folder
                and
                > > made a shortcut to my desktop and the it worked ok here but i am
                > > useing Windows xp pro , i can get onto and lisen to repts but
                dont
                > > have any tx for some reason ? hope that this will work for you ,
                > > i will have a go at tx problem later ... Barry M1CQN

                Hi Robin
                Thanks for infomation on register , i have registered
                to use it but have not heard anything yet , maybe due to new year
                it has not been done yet , i will try again after the weekend ,
                Thanks again and Happy New Year .. 73"s M1CQN Barry
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009
                  The gateway software does not automatically send out email to confirm.
                  You might try logging into the gateway where you registered to see if
                  it was approved. Make sure you add a terminal once approved.