Help Please

  • Bill Cherepy
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 19, 2008
      I haven't used the dongle in a while and when I try using it with the
      new Beta, nothing happens. I can't get any of the versions I have on my
      Windoze Vista 64 machine to run.
      I never had this problem in the past. I did upgrade to the latest
      version of Java. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot? When I double click
      the file nothing happens.

      Thanks,

      Bill WB4WTN
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 19, 2008
        Hi Bill. Try a couple of things:

        1) open a dos/command window and cd to your DVTool folder. Then type
        java -jar DVTool.jar. See what happens.

        2) double-click on the dvtool.bat file and see what happens. Then
        double-click on the dvtooldbg.bat file and send the two files that end
        in "txt" to me via email at aa4rc@....

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Bill Cherepy <jcherepy@...> wrote:

        > I haven't used the dongle in a while and when I try using it with the
        > new Beta, nothing happens. I can't get any of the versions I have on
        my
        > Windoze Vista 64 machine to run.
        > I never had this problem in the past. I did upgrade to the latest
        > version of Java. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot? When I double
        click
        > the file nothing happens.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Bill WB4WTN

      • William Stillwell
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 19, 2008

          Vista64 you may need to do what I have done, and edit the lunch cmd file:

          "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\java" -jar DVTool.jar >dvtool.txt

          Java is not part of the path  in Vista 64bit, you will need to add the complete path to the java loader into the cmd file.

          1) open a dos/command window and cd to your DVTool folder. Then type
          java -jar DVTool.jar. See what happens.

          2) double-click on the dvtool.bat file and see what happens. Then
          double-click on the dvtooldbg.bat file and send the two files that end
          in "txt" to me via email at aa4rc@....

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Bill Cherepy <jcherepy@...> wrote:

          > I haven't used the dongle in a while and when I try using it with the
          > new Beta, nothing happens. I can't get any of the versions I have on
          my
          > Windoze Vista 64 machine to run.
          > I never had this problem in the past. I did upgrade to the latest
          > version of Java. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot? When I double
          click
          > the file nothing happens.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Bill WB4WTN

        • Peter
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 19, 2008

            Great job Robin,

            Working fine here in the UK

            Merry Christmas to you and your family and a Happy New year

            Best regards

            Peter de G6VBJ

            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 19, 2008

              Fired up just fine with window sized correctly for all tabs. Looks nice. New features being checked. Thanks for getting this out.

              Norm Johnson, aa7oo

              Webmaster www.w7mot.com

              W7MOT Dstar Administrator

              Today: Queen Creek , Arizona

              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 20, 2008

                > Beta4 adds a low speed data receive tab, audio mute button, and
                ability

                Hi Robin,

                Looks nice. Is there a TCP port that can be connected to so we can
                attach a program like D-PRS Interface or D-RATS to see the low speed
                data (both consider they are looking at a radio's serial port so the
                presentation should be plain vanilla; i.e. no headers, etc.). If not,
                that is on my wish list :-) Initially, even a one-way communication
                (from DV-Tool to the attached application) would be worthwhile.

                Thanks for the great work!

                73,

                Pete AE5PL
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 20, 2008
                  Security updates have recently been applied to D-Star gateways and
                  reflectors. As a result, you must be running DVTool 1.05 or any of the
                  1.10beta releases. You can tell your version by clicking on the Help-
                  >About menu item at the top of the DVTool screen.

                  The new security update also blocks users that forge DV Dongle serial
                  numbers. A blocked user will no longer be able to use DVTool with
                  their dongle once they have been blocked.
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 20, 2008
                    Hi Pete. Try telneting to TCP port 20003 on localhost. :)

                    For now, it is one direction from DVTool to the application.

                    --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Loveall" <HamLists@...> wrote:

                    > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Cutshaw" <aa4rc@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Beta4 adds a low speed data receive tab, audio mute button, and
                    > ability
                    >
                    > Hi Robin,
                    >
                    > Looks nice. Is there a TCP port that can be connected to so we can
                    > attach a program like D-PRS Interface or D-RATS to see the low
                    speed
                    > data (both consider they are looking at a radio's serial port so
                    the
                    > presentation should be plain vanilla; i.e. no headers, etc.). If
                    not,
                    > that is on my wish list :-) Initially, even a one-way
                    communication
                    > (from DV-Tool to the attached application) would be worthwhile.
                    >
                    > Thanks for the great work!
                    >
                    > 73,
                    >
                    > Pete AE5PL

                  • Greg Forrest
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jan 4, 2009
                      Robin, All:

                      I had been unable to get the dvtool running. Dvtool.jar is dated 12/26/08.
                      When I executed the dvtool.jar file, nothing occurred; not even a dos window
                      appeared. Came across Robin's and William Stillwell's earlier responses
                      (search: vista64).

                      Went to a dos window and ran the following:

                      C:\Users\user\Desktop\DVTool>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe"
                      -jar DVTool.jar

                      DVTool Version 1.05
                      Operating System Windows Vista
                      Operating System version 6.0
                      Architecture x86

                      java version 1.6.0_11
                      java vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
                      java vm.specification.version 1.0
                      java vm.specification.vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
                      java vm.specification.name Java Virtual Machine Specification
                      java vm.version 11.0-b16
                      java vm.vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
                      java vm.name Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
                      java specification.version 1.6
                      java specification.vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
                      java specification.name Java Platform API Specification

                      Found an FTDI serial device on COM3
                      Found 1 com ports

                      Searching for audio input devices
                      Searching for audio output devices
                      source mixer 0 description (Direct Audio Device: DirectSound Playback) added
                      source mixer 0 name (Primary Sound Driver) added
                      source mixer 4 version (1.0) added
                      Finished searching for audio devices

                      Audio input device error m_targetLine unavailable
                      Audio input device error m_targetLine unavailable

                      Last line was the error. The problem was found to be that the on-board
                      sound was setup to automatically detect insertion of plugs; I had no
                      microphone plugged into the mic input jack at the time; this was found when
                      viewing control panel/sound for my drivers. As soon as I plugged in a mic,
                      dvtool.jar ran fine. Simple solution; all my previous machines did not
                      have "plug detection". I am not sure this is a desireable feature...

                      Greg
                      N6LDJ