RE: [DVDongle] DVTool 1.10 beta4 available

  • Fran Miele
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 19, 2008

      Robin,

      Looks good and seems to work well too. GREAT job!! I like the new features.

      Thanks

      Fran, W1FJM

      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 19, 2008
        I haven't used the dongle in a while and when I try using it with the
        new Beta, nothing happens. I can't get any of the versions I have on my
        Windoze Vista 64 machine to run.
        I never had this problem in the past. I did upgrade to the latest
        version of Java. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot? When I double click
        the file nothing happens.

        Thanks,

        Bill WB4WTN
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 19, 2008
          Hi Bill. Try a couple of things:

          1) open a dos/command window and cd to your DVTool folder. Then type
          java -jar DVTool.jar. See what happens.

          2) double-click on the dvtool.bat file and see what happens. Then
          double-click on the dvtooldbg.bat file and send the two files that end
          in "txt" to me via email at aa4rc@....

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Bill Cherepy <jcherepy@...> wrote:

          > I haven't used the dongle in a while and when I try using it with the
          > new Beta, nothing happens. I can't get any of the versions I have on
          my
          > Windoze Vista 64 machine to run.
          > I never had this problem in the past. I did upgrade to the latest
          > version of Java. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot? When I double
          click
          > the file nothing happens.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Bill WB4WTN

        • William Stillwell
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 19, 2008

            Vista64 you may need to do what I have done, and edit the lunch cmd file:

            "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\java" -jar DVTool.jar >dvtool.txt

            Java is not part of the path  in Vista 64bit, you will need to add the complete path to the java loader into the cmd file.

            1) open a dos/command window and cd to your DVTool folder. Then type
            java -jar DVTool.jar. See what happens.

            2) double-click on the dvtool.bat file and see what happens. Then
            double-click on the dvtooldbg.bat file and send the two files that end
            in "txt" to me via email at aa4rc@....

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Bill Cherepy <jcherepy@...> wrote:

            > I haven't used the dongle in a while and when I try using it with the
            > new Beta, nothing happens. I can't get any of the versions I have on
            my
            > Windoze Vista 64 machine to run.
            > I never had this problem in the past. I did upgrade to the latest
            > version of Java. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot? When I double
            click
            > the file nothing happens.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Bill WB4WTN

          • Peter
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 19, 2008

              Great job Robin,

              Working fine here in the UK

              Merry Christmas to you and your family and a Happy New year

              Best regards

              Peter de G6VBJ

              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 19, 2008

                Fired up just fine with window sized correctly for all tabs. Looks nice. New features being checked. Thanks for getting this out.

                Norm Johnson, aa7oo

                Webmaster www.w7mot.com

                W7MOT Dstar Administrator

                Today: Queen Creek , Arizona

                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 20, 2008

                  > Beta4 adds a low speed data receive tab, audio mute button, and
                  ability

                  Hi Robin,

                  Looks nice. Is there a TCP port that can be connected to so we can
                  attach a program like D-PRS Interface or D-RATS to see the low speed
                  data (both consider they are looking at a radio's serial port so the
                  presentation should be plain vanilla; i.e. no headers, etc.). If not,
                  that is on my wish list :-) Initially, even a one-way communication
                  (from DV-Tool to the attached application) would be worthwhile.

                  Thanks for the great work!

                  73,

                  Pete AE5PL
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 20, 2008
                    Security updates have recently been applied to D-Star gateways and
                    reflectors. As a result, you must be running DVTool 1.05 or any of the
                    1.10beta releases. You can tell your version by clicking on the Help-
                    >About menu item at the top of the DVTool screen.

                    The new security update also blocks users that forge DV Dongle serial
                    numbers. A blocked user will no longer be able to use DVTool with
                    their dongle once they have been blocked.
                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 20, 2008
                      Hi Pete. Try telneting to TCP port 20003 on localhost. :)

                      For now, it is one direction from DVTool to the application.

                      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Loveall" <HamLists@...> wrote:

                      > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Cutshaw" <aa4rc@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Beta4 adds a low speed data receive tab, audio mute button, and
                      > ability
                      >
                      > Hi Robin,
                      >
                      > Looks nice. Is there a TCP port that can be connected to so we can
                      > attach a program like D-PRS Interface or D-RATS to see the low
                      speed
                      > data (both consider they are looking at a radio's serial port so
                      the
                      > presentation should be plain vanilla; i.e. no headers, etc.). If
                      not,
                      > that is on my wish list :-) Initially, even a one-way
                      communication
                      > (from DV-Tool to the attached application) would be worthwhile.
                      >
                      > Thanks for the great work!
                      >
                      > 73,
                      >
                      > Pete AE5PL

                    • Greg Forrest
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jan 4, 2009
                        Robin, All:

                        I had been unable to get the dvtool running. Dvtool.jar is dated 12/26/08.
                        When I executed the dvtool.jar file, nothing occurred; not even a dos window
                        appeared. Came across Robin's and William Stillwell's earlier responses
                        (search: vista64).

                        Went to a dos window and ran the following:

                        C:\Users\user\Desktop\DVTool>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe"
                        -jar DVTool.jar

                        DVTool Version 1.05
                        Operating System Windows Vista
                        Operating System version 6.0
                        Architecture x86

                        java version 1.6.0_11
                        java vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
                        java vm.specification.version 1.0
                        java vm.specification.vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
                        java vm.specification.name Java Virtual Machine Specification
                        java vm.version 11.0-b16
                        java vm.vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
                        java vm.name Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
                        java specification.version 1.6
                        java specification.vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
                        java specification.name Java Platform API Specification

                        Found an FTDI serial device on COM3
                        Found 1 com ports

                        Searching for audio input devices
                        Searching for audio output devices
                        source mixer 0 description (Direct Audio Device: DirectSound Playback) added
                        source mixer 0 name (Primary Sound Driver) added
                        source mixer 4 version (1.0) added
                        Finished searching for audio devices

                        Audio input device error m_targetLine unavailable
                        Audio input device error m_targetLine unavailable

                        Last line was the error. The problem was found to be that the on-board
                        sound was setup to automatically detect insertion of plugs; I had no
                        microphone plugged into the mic input jack at the time; this was found when
                        viewing control panel/sound for my drivers. As soon as I plugged in a mic,
                        dvtool.jar ran fine. Simple solution; all my previous machines did not
                        have "plug detection". I am not sure this is a desireable feature...

                        Greg
                        N6LDJ