Pin

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2008
      Hello to the group!

      I currently do not have a Dongle however a local user that does posed
      a question that I thought I would seek clarification through the list.

      The PIN that is on the configuration screen next to the callsign, is
      this used only if the gateway you are accessing requires a pin?

      Our gateway is not online yet (but soon will be) but I have looked
      into the dplus and see in the config file a section referencing a pin.
      I do not wish to require a pin unless required to do so by the
      application. I would like our gateway to be open to all registered users.

      Having said that, will I be required to set a pin to allow gateway
      access from the dongle and if not, does a user have to enter a default
      to gain access to any of the given gateways?
    • Rick
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2008
        please disreguard my previous post, I read the instructions closer and
        found:

        "The PIN field is used to allow gateway administrators to provide
        access to users that are not registered in the D-Star gateway system.
        This field should normally be left blank."

        Thanks anyway to the group and again, THANKS TO ROBIN for this great tool.

        Rick
        KG4PNL