737Problems getting my DV-Dongle working with my computer

  • michaelandreasmunz
    Aug 1, 2008
      Hello together,

      I´m having problems getting my DV-Dongle working om my laptop
      computer:
      I installed the FTDI-software and the DV-Dongle Software as described
      in the installation section on www.dvdongle.com.
      No error occured during the installation procedure. The virtual COM
      port is shown in the device manager without an error flag. When I
      plug in the DVDongle the green light flashes slowly.
      When I now start DVTool it finds the correct COM port, but when I
      click open the program, it displays after a few seconds: "Cannot open
      device localhost:20002"
      I reinstalled all software, but no change.
      In the info below it seems that an IOException occurs, but I have no
      idea why this happens. Switching the firewall off, does not solve the
      problem.
      The Dongle works fine on the Desktop Computer with Vista Ultimate (32
      Bit)
      Any help is appreciated.

      Thanks in advance + regards,

      Michael (DG3SBD)

      Infos that may help:
      OS on Laptop: Vista Home Premium (32 Bit)

      Output when runing DVTool.bat,(see especially last line):
      C:\Users\Michael\Downloads\DVDongle\DVTool-dist\DVTool>java -jar
      DVTool.jar
      DVTool Version 1.05
      Operating System Windows Vista
      Operating System version 6.0
      Architecture x86

      java version 1.6.0_07
      java vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
      java vm.specification.version 1.0
      java vm.specification.vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
      java vm.specification.name Java Virtual Machine Specification
      java vm.version 10.0-b23
      java vm.vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
      java vm.name Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
      java specification.version 1.6
      java specification.vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
      java specification.name Java Platform API Specification

      Found an FTDI serial device on COM2
      Found 1 com ports

      Searching for audio input devices
      target mixer 0 description (Direct Audio Device: DirectSound Capture)
      added
      target mixer 0 name (Primõrer Soundaufnahmetreiber) added
      target mixer 0 vendor (Unknown Vendor) added
      target mixer 0 version (Unknown Version) added
      target mixer 1 description (Direct Audio Device: DirectSound Capture)
      added
      target mixer 1 name (Microphone (SoundMAX Integrated) added
      target mixer 1 vendor (Unknown Vendor) added
      target mixer 1 version (Unknown Version) added
      target mixer 2 description (Direct Audio Device: DirectSound Capture)
      added
      target mixer 2 name (Mikrofon (Bluetooth SCO Audio)) added
      target mixer 2 vendor (Unknown Vendor) added
      target mixer 2 version (Unknown Version) added
      target mixer 3 description (Direct Audio Device: DirectSound Capture)
      added
      target mixer 3 name (MIDI (Bluetooth SCO Audio)) added
      target mixer 3 vendor (Unknown Vendor) added
      target mixer 3 version (Unknown Version) added
      target mixer 4 description (Direct Audio Device: DirectSound Capture)
      added
      target mixer 4 name (Mikrofon (Bluetooth AV Audio)) added
      target mixer 4 vendor (Unknown Vendor) added
      target mixer 4 version (Unknown Version) added
      target mixer 5 description (Direct Audio Device: DirectSound Capture)
      added
      target mixer 5 name (MIDI (Bluetooth AV Audio)) added
      target mixer 5 vendor (Unknown Vendor) added
      target mixer 5 version (Unknown Version) added
      Searching for audio output devices
      source mixer 0 description (Direct Audio Device: DirectSound
      Playback) added
      source mixer 0 name (Primõrer Soundtreiber) added
      source mixer 0 vendor (Unknown Vendor) added
      source mixer 0 version (Unknown Version) added
      source mixer 1 description (Direct Audio Device: DirectSound
      Playback) added
      source mixer 1 name (Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio))
      added
      source mixer 1 vendor (Unknown Vendor) added
      source mixer 1 version (Unknown Version) added
      source mixer 2 description (Direct Audio Device: DirectSound
      Playback) added
      source mixer 2 name (Lautsprecher (Bluetooth SCO Audio)) added
      source mixer 2 vendor (Unknown Vendor) added
      source mixer 2 version (Unknown Version) added
      source mixer 3 description (Direct Audio Device: DirectSound
      Playback) added
      source mixer 3 name (Lautsprecher (Bluetooth AV Audio)) added
      source mixer 3 vendor (Unknown Vendor) added
      source mixer 3 version (Unknown Version) added
      source mixer 4 description (Software mixer and synthesizer) added
      source mixer 4 name (Java Sound Audio Engine) added
      source mixer 4 vendor (Sun Microsystems) added
      source mixer 4 version (1.0) added
      Finished searching for audio devices

      mixer Direct Audio Device: DirectSound Capture max input buf size 3200
      mixer Direct Audio Device: DirectSound Playback max output buf size
      3200
      IOException receive Socket closed
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic