1497Re: I get error message "can not open device local:host 2002"

    Mar 31, 2009
      The "Remote Host" checkbox should only be checked if you are running the DV Dongle on another PC and you have manually started ascpseriald.exe on that other PC and you have changed the host in the dialog box from localhost to the IP of your other PC. If you get "Found 0 com port", that means the O/S does not see your DV Dongle. Make sure you plug in your DV Dongle before starting DVTool.

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "wallace.gary50" <wallace.gary50@...> wrote:

      > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Cutshaw" <aa4rc@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Gary. Do you have the "Remote Host" checkbox checked on the Advanced tab? If so, uncheck it. Also, take a look at the last few lines of ascp.txt to see if there is something obvious.

      > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "wallace.gary50" <wallace.gary50@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Vista 32 bit
      > > > Windows firewall off
      > > > Anti virus off
      > > > Slow flashing green light okay
      > > > using know good com 7 port
      > > > using beta 5 jar program
      > > >

      > Fist thank you for helping
      > Remote Host box has always been unchecked
      > I will check file ascp.txt
      > I ran dvtool windows batch file and one line reported "Found 0 com port" That batch file runs in DOS
      > Do you have time to run it and see what it says?
      > Bye

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic