Re: [DESG] a higer proportion of "alfa"

  • deirdre austin
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
      Well said David! I think it was all just a friendly
      misunderstanding, but as a Southern girl, with a very
      Southern drawl, I can understand the perceived
      hostility. We do tend to bristle a little at the use
      of that word. People that are not from here sometimes
      have a preconceived notion that ALL Southerners are
      rednecks, which is very distressing to those of us
      that strive to rise above that status in life. I am
      sure though, after having some conversation with Evie
      in the past that no harm toward Ida, or any other
      member of our group was intended. We are just letting
      our hair down a bit these days and getting to know
      each other better. Y'all have a nice day, y'hear?

      Deirdre in Alabama

      http://shopping.yahoo.com/