Re: [DESG] Re: i wish you good luck in Dutch and happiness with your beloved

  • v. vica
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 1, 2002
      hi!
      i think you will understtand everything quite soon - it is not that
      difficult. after all - you have the strongest motivation! you see i
      would never have tried to learn something in Dutch (i know French and
      English very well) if only i hadn't met some guy whom i am crazy in
      love with! guess what his nationality is!
      so we both have similar reasons!
      by the way - i love you - ik hou van je (pronounced somthing like ik
      hou fon je)
      "dear", "baby" is schat (s h o t)
      ik mis je (i miss you)

      keep in touch!
      maybe you will tell me something interesting in dutch!

      groetjes,
      vica

      On Fri, 31 May 2002 08:30:43 -0300
      "Gustavo A. Salvini" <guspatagonico@...> wrote:
      >Thanks a lot! (Danke u!)
      >I'll be glad if I can understand and write (even speak!) some basic
      >phrases
      >in a few time.
      >
      >Dank u!
      >Met vriendelijke groeten.
      >
      >Gustavo.

    • kiwiorka
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 1, 2002
        Oh - yeah - I know exactly about this source of motivation you are
        talking about!

        By the way if you do write or say "I love you" I think you should
        use "ik hou van jou" (the "jou" is the stressed form of 'you" and in
        this situation, you definately want to stress it).

        Another great one is "ik hou zo veel van jou" - (I love you very
        much").

        In fact I have posted (or will do in a minute) some useful phrases
        (romatic, and otherwise) to the files section. These are not mind - I
        copied them off the Internet.

        Goed aan je, maat!

        --- In DUTCH-ENGLISH-STUDY-GROUP@y..., "v. vica" <vica_v@r...> wrote:
        > hi!
        > i think you will understtand everything quite soon - it is not that
        > difficult. after all - you have the strongest motivation! you see i
        > would never have tried to learn something in Dutch (i know French
        and
        > English very well) if only i hadn't met some guy whom i am crazy in
        > love with! guess what his nationality is!
        > so we both have similar reasons!
        > by the way - i love you - ik hou van je (pronounced somthing like
        ik
        > hou fon je)
        > "dear", "baby" is schat (s h o t)
        > ik mis je (i miss you)
        >
        > keep in touch!
        > maybe you will tell me something interesting in dutch!
        >
        > groetjes,
        > vica
        >
        > On Fri, 31 May 2002 08:30:43 -0300
        > "Gustavo A. Salvini" <guspatagonico@y...> wrote:
        > >Thanks a lot! (Danke u!)
        > >I'll be glad if I can understand and write (even speak!) some
        basic
        > >phrases
        > >in a few time.
        > >
        > >Dank u!
        > >Met vriendelijke groeten.
        > >
        > >Gustavo.

      • v. vica
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 1, 2002
          i can't open the file with the prases! can you help me? PLLEEAAASSSEE!
          vica
          On Sat, 01 Jun 2002 07:38:00 -0000
        • Kiwiorka
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 1, 2002
            It's a Word document. Are you trying to open it with Microsoft Word? I
            have uploaded a version in html format. This will open in your web
            browser.

            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 1, 2002
              Dag, Mark!

              I'm really motivated. I wish to be able to write a good love-letter before June-22. That is her birthday... and I want to reach deeply in her heart (some girls like love-letters.... I think she likes it very much!). Her name is Cintia, and she's the sweetest woman I'd ever known.

              I'm analysing the phrases you sent me (thanks again!!!) and trying to fragment it to understand the basis of grammar and vocabulary. I downloaded the dictionary software (english-dutch / dutch-english) and it really helps me. Also I've captured some entire websites with tutorials and lessons.

              Could you explain me what means "maat" ?

              Thanks in advance!
              Gus.
              Oh - yeah - I know exactly about this source of motivation you are
              talking about!

              By the way if you do write or say "I love you" I think you should
              use "ik hou van jou" (the "jou" is the stressed form of 'you" and in
              this situation, you definately want to stress it).

              Another great one is "ik hou zo veel van jou" - (I love you very
              much").

              In fact I have posted (or will do in a minute) some useful phrases
              (romatic, and otherwise) to the files section. These are not mind - I
              copied them off the Internet.

              Goed aan je, maat!

              --- In DUTCH-ENGLISH-STUDY-GROUP@y..., "v. vica" <vica_v@r...> wrote:
              > hi!
              > i think you will understtand everything quite soon - it is not that
              > difficult. after all - you have the strongest motivation! you see i
              > would never have tried to learn something in Dutch (i know French
              and
              > English very well) if only i hadn't met some guy whom i am crazy in
              > love with! guess what his nationality is!
              > so we both have similar reasons!
              > by the way - i love you - ik hou van je (pronounced somthing like
              ik
              > hou fon je)
              > "dear", "baby" is schat (s h o t)
              > ik mis je (i miss you)
              >
              > keep in touch!
              > maybe you will tell me something interesting in dutch!
              >
              > groetjes,
              > vica
              >
              > On Fri, 31 May 2002 08:30:43 -0300
              > "Gustavo A. Salvini" <guspatagonico@y...> wrote:
              > >Thanks a lot! (Danke u!)
              > >I'll be glad if I can understand and write (even speak!) some
              basic
              > >phrases
              > >in a few time.
              > >
              > >Dank u!
              > >Met vriendelijke groeten.
              > >
              > >Gustavo.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Gustavo A. Salvini
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 1, 2002
                Hallo Vica!!!
                I would like to learn russian some day... :-)
                Thanks for your help!!!!
                I hope to be able to tell you some interesting things in dutch as soon as
                possible... I'm reading several lessons and tutorials, and everything that
                you and the other co-groupers send me here is a BIG help for me... I'm
                learning since one week ONLY and I'm understanding (in a basic way) some
                texts I get... ;-)
                I'm really enthusiastic with this... I'm sure you understand my motivation!
                With this kind of motivations every person can learn anything without
                problems... I think "languages" is my new hobby... I'm student of
                electronics engineering and I think " foreing languages" is a really good
                way to explore my other capabilities.
                Everyone would try to learn languages... learning about other cultures opens
                your mind :-)

                Groetjes!
                Gus

                > i think you will understtand everything quite soon - it is not that
                > difficult. after all - you have the strongest motivation! you see i
                > would never have tried to learn something in Dutch (i know French and
                > English very well) if only i hadn't met some guy whom i am crazy in
                > love with! guess what his nationality is!
                > so we both have similar reasons!
                > by the way - i love you - ik hou van je (pronounced somthing like ik
                > hou fon je)
                > "dear", "baby" is schat (s h o t)
                > ik mis je (i miss you)

              • kiwiorka
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 1, 2002
                  Uitstekend! Gus!!

                  That's really great to hear. I am really pleased for you. My Nederland
                  meisje has swept me off my feet also.

                  Hey - I have created a folder in the Files section of the group that is
                  crammed full of resource material. I'm still adding things to it at the
                  moment, but you might find something useful in there. The folder name is
                  Kiwiorka resources.

                  If you want, add those resources you mentioned.

                  Oh - not sure if you had come across this one: "Ik ben verliefd op je" =
                  "I adore you"

                  Goed aan je, maat.

                  Veel geluk!

                  - Mark

                  Oh - yeah - I know exactly about this source of motivation you are
                  talking about!

                  By the way if you do write or say "I love you" I think you should
                  use "ik hou van jou" (the "jou" is the stressed form of 'you" and in
                  this situation, you definately want to stress it).

                  Another great one is "ik hou zo veel van jou" - (I love you very
                  much").

                  In fact I have posted (or will do in a minute) some useful phrases
                  (romatic, and otherwise) to the files section. These are not mind - I
                  copied them off the Internet.

                  Goed aan je, maat!

                  --- In DUTCH-ENGLISH-STUDY-GROUP@y..., "v. vica" <vica_v@r...> wrote:
                  > hi!
                  > i think you will understtand everything quite soon - it is not that
                  > difficult. after all - you have the strongest motivation! you see i
                  > would never have tried to learn something in Dutch (i know French
                  and
                  > English very well) if only i hadn't met some guy whom i am crazy in
                  > love with! guess what his nationality is!
                  > so we both have similar reasons!
                  > by the way - i love you - ik hou van je (pronounced somthing like
                  ik
                  > hou fon je)
                  > "dear", "baby" is schat (s h o t)
                  > ik mis je (i miss you)
                  >
                  > keep in touch!
                  > maybe you will tell me something interesting in dutch!
                  >
                  > groetjes,
                  > vica
                  >
                  > On Fri, 31 May 2002 08:30:43 -0300
                  > "Gustavo A. Salvini" <guspatagonico@y...> wrote:
                  > >Thanks a lot! (Danke u!)
                  > >I'll be glad if I can understand and write (even speak!) some
                  basic
                  > >phrases
                  > >in a few time.
                  > >
                  > >Dank u!
                  > >Met vriendelijke groeten.
                  > >
                  > >Gustavo.

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=213858.2097561.3556641.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705
                  080709:HM/A=763352/R=0/*http://www.classmates.com/index.tf?s=5085>

                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=213858.2097561.3556641.1829184/D=egrou
                  pmail/S=1705080709:HM/A=763352/rand=920535552>

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 1, 2002
                    Hallo Mark!!!
                    I'm online now, but in a few minutes I'll go to lunch ;-) Here is 13:02 PM and we have a gray day... It's slowly raining and it's cold!
                    Sorry if my english isn't good, I'm also learning this language.

                    Uw meisje lives in Nederland now? Where do you live? (leven?)
                    I'm browsing the folder you created and I found there really interesting and useful stuff!

                    Now what I need is to remember new words and to learn basic grammar so I'll be able to make sentences by myself... I'm sure I'll learn fast ;-)

                    Thanks again!!!
                    Dank u zeer!

                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 1, 2002
                      Hey there Gus.

                      Its 02:17 Sunday, here and it's also raining.

                      Ja, mijn vriendin wonen in de stad van Nijmegen, in Nederland. Ik woon
                      in Australië.

                      I think that you will pick up Dutch really easy - the hurdle is getting
                      the hang of the grammar.

                      Where are you from? (Waar woont je?)

                      Hey - don't sweat the English either. Actually, even though Engels is my
                      first language, I have actually found that I have to learn my own
                      language again, so that I can learn Dutch. I find that because I grew up
                      with the language, I just accepted the way it was structured without
                      questioning it. Now I am learning Nederlands, I need to know all
                      "re-learn" English grammar so that the Dutch grammar makes a little bit
                      of sense.

                      Catch you later

                      wrote:
                      > hi!
                      > i think you will understtand everything quite soon - it is not
                      that
                      > difficult. after all - you have the strongest motivation! you see
                      > would never have tried to learn something in Dutch (i know French
                      and
                      > English very well) if only i hadn't met some guy whom i am crazy
                      in
                      > love with! guess what his nationality is!
                      > so we both have similar reasons!
                      > by the way - i love you - ik hou van je (pronounced somthing like
                      ik
                      > hou fon je)
                      > "dear", "baby" is schat (s h o t)
                      > ik mis je (i miss you)
                      >
                      > keep in touch!
                      > maybe you will tell me something interesting in dutch!
                      >
                      > groetjes,
                      > vica
                      >
                      > On Fri, 31 May 2002 08:30:43 -0300
                      > "Gustavo A. Salvini" <guspatagonico@y...> wrote:
                      > >Thanks a lot! (Danke u!)
                      > >I'll be glad if I can understand and write (even speak!) some
                      basic
                      > >phrases
                      > >in a few time.
                      > >
                      > >Dank u!
                      > >Met vriendelijke groeten.
                      > >
                      > >Gustavo.

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=213858.2097561.3556641.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705
                      080709:HM/A=763352/R=0/*http://www.classmates.com/index.tf?s=5085>

                      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=213858.2097561.3556641.1829184/D=egrou
                      pmail/S=1705080709:HM/A=763352/rand=920535552>

                      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=226014.2032696.3508022.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705
                      080709:HM/A=1000239/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=102294803
                      8%3eM=226014.2032696.3508022.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=10002
                      39/R=1>

                      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=226014.2032696.3508022.1829184/D=egrou
                      pmail/S=1705080709:HM/A=1000239/rand=653612409>

                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 1, 2002
                        there is a really good Dutch grammar documents upload by god_om in the
                        Files section in the Documents folder.

                        wrote:
                        > hi!
                        > i think you will understtand everything quite soon - it is not
                        that
                        > difficult. after all - you have the strongest motivation! you see
                        > would never have tried to learn something in Dutch (i know French
                        and
                        > English very well) if only i hadn't met some guy whom i am crazy
                        in
                        > love with! guess what his nationality is!
                        > so we both have similar reasons!
                        > by the way - i love you - ik hou van je (pronounced somthing like
                        ik
                        > hou fon je)
                        > "dear", "baby" is schat (s h o t)
                        > ik mis je (i miss you)
                        >
                        > keep in touch!
                        > maybe you will tell me something interesting in dutch!
                        >
                        > groetjes,
                        > vica
                        >
                        > On Fri, 31 May 2002 08:30:43 -0300
                        > "Gustavo A. Salvini" <guspatagonico@y...> wrote:
                        > >Thanks a lot! (Danke u!)
                        > >I'll be glad if I can understand and write (even speak!) some
                        basic
                        > >phrases
                        > >in a few time.
                        > >
                        > >Dank u!
                        > >Met vriendelijke groeten.
                        > >
                        > >Gustavo.

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=213858.2097561.3556641.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705
                        080709:HM/A=763352/R=0/*http://www.classmates.com/index.tf?s=5085>

                        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=213858.2097561.3556641.1829184/D=egrou
                        pmail/S=1705080709:HM/A=763352/rand=920535552>

                        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=226014.2032696.3508022.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705
                        080709:HM/A=1000239/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=102294803
                        8%3eM=226014.2032696.3508022.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=10002
                        39/R=1>

                        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=226014.2032696.3508022.1829184/D=egrou
                        pmail/S=1705080709:HM/A=1000239/rand=653612409>

                        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                      • Gerda Schut
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 1, 2002
                          Hoi Mark and Gus

                          I have to correct some of the mistakes you both made.

                          Uw meisje lives in Nederland now? Where do you live? (leven?)
                          >>'Uw meisje' sounds really old fashioned. "je vriendin" is much better.
                          Always very confusing is the verb 'to live' it is best translated with the Dutch verb 'wonen'

                          Oh - not sure if you had come across this one: "Ik ben verliefd op je"
                          = "I adore you"
                          >>"Ik ben verliefd op je' means I'm in love with you'. 'I adore you' means "Ik aanbid je"

                          jullie alletwee veel succes met het leren van de Nederlandse taal
                          groetjes Gerda

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        • kiwiorka
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 1, 2002
                            Ha die Gerda

                            Thanks for the corrections. I got the "Ik ben verliefd of je" off a web
                            site. I didn't really check out each word. I just took the phrase at
                            what they claimed it to be. However...now that I look at translation of
                            the word "verliefd"...I can see that it means "enamoured" or "to be in
                            love with". I am really glad you pointed that out. If you hadn't, I
                            would never made the effort to check it.

                            Thanks Gerda

                            "Failure is Sucess in progress"

                            ___
                            .-'` `'-.
                            _,.'.=== ===.'.,_
                            / / .___. .___. \ \
                            / / ( o ) ( o ) \ \ _
                            : /| '-'___'-' |\ ; (_)
                            | |`\_,.-'` `"-.,_/'| | /|
                            | | \ / | | /\;
                            | | \ / | | _ ___ /\/
                            | | \ __ /\ | |' `\-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-./` `"-,/\/
                            | | \ (__) /\ `-'| | `\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \`\ \/
                            | | \-...-/ `-,_| | \`\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
                            | | '---' / | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
                            | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
                            \_/ | \_/ | | | | | | | | | | | | | | .--. ;
                            | .--. | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | /
                            \ | | / / / / / / / / / / / / / / | |/
                            |`-.___| |/-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'`--| |
                            ,.-----'~~; | | (_(_(______)| |
                            (_(_(_______) | | ,-----`~~~\
                            ,-----`~~~\ (_(_(_______)
                            (_(_(_______)

                            I have to correct some of the mistakes you both made.

                            Uw meisje lives in Nederland now? Where do you live? (leven?)
                            >>'Uw meisje' sounds really old fashioned. "je vriendin" is much better.
                            Always very confusing is the verb 'to live' it is best translated with
                            the Dutch verb 'wonen'

                            Oh - not sure if you had come across this one: "Ik ben verliefd op je"
                            = "I adore you"
                            >>"Ik ben verliefd op je' means I'm in love with you'. 'I adore you'
                            means "Ik aanbid je"

                            jullie alletwee veel succes met het leren van de Nederlandse taal
                            groetjes Gerda

                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=226140.2101369.3559938.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705
                            080709:HM/A=1102444/R=0/*http://www.coolsavings.com/index.asp?Ref=Yahoo&
                            BN=group-0011-yahoo-cs-300250&BL=print>

                            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=226140.2101369.3559938.1829184/D=egrou
                            pmail/S=1705080709:HM/A=1102444/rand=956143312>

                            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                          • Ruud Harmsen
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jun 2, 2002
                              07:38 1-6-2002 -0000, kiwiorka:
                              >By the way if you do write or say "I love you" I think you should
                              >use "ik hou van jou" (the "jou" is the stressed form of 'you" and in
                              >this situation, you definately want to stress it).

                              But it has the same impact if not stressed ("je"), because the mere
                              fact that it is said is already very impressive. That's because in
                              Dutch culture you don't easily say things like that, unlike in
                              American culture (or so I've been told). It doesn't mean we less
                              often have such feelings, of course.

                              --
                              Ruud Harmsen <rh@...>
                              Last update 21 May 2002 http://rudhar.com/index/whatsnew.htm
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jun 2, 2002
                                Hey - so true Ruud.

                                I can definitely vouch that the Dutch are a loving people ;-)
                                (nou...especially the one I know).

                                But I am glad you pointed that out. I'm still trying to work out the
                                "rules" of what can be used where, and when.

                                Thanks

                                - Mark

                                .```. _.''..
                                ; ``` ``'.
                                : d `.
                                / >,: \
                                /.' `'., :
                                /' ;. . ;
                                / ; \ ; ; /
                                `..;\: :'
                                __|| `...,'
                                `-, ) ||
                                /.^/ ___||
                                '---,_\
                                (/ `\

                                >By the way if you do write or say "I love you" I think you should
                                >use "ik hou van jou" (the "jou" is the stressed form of 'you" and in
                                >this situation, you definately want to stress it).

                                But it has the same impact if not stressed ("je"), because the mere
                                fact that it is said is already very impressive. That's because in
                                Dutch culture you don't easily say things like that, unlike in
                                American culture (or so I've been told). It doesn't mean we less
                                often have such feelings, of course.

                                --
                                Ruud Harmsen <rh@...>
                                Last update 21 May 2002 http://rudhar.com/index/whatsnew.htm

                                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                              • Sheridan
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jun 2, 2002
                                  Hey Gus!

                                  I've seen your messages on and am curious about a few things.
                                  Whereabouts is she from, where did you meet her, and why don't you just
                                  write in English, as most if not all Dutch people understand English
                                  very well. I am impressed at how your English has improved as well,
                                  AMAZING!

                                  Are you sure you're not a hoaxer?

                                  wrote:
                                  > hi!
                                  > i think you will understtand everything quite soon - it is not
                                  that
                                  > difficult. after all - you have the strongest motivation! you see
                                  > would never have tried to learn something in Dutch (i know French
                                  and
                                  > English very well) if only i hadn't met some guy whom i am crazy
                                  in
                                  > love with! guess what his nationality is!
                                  > so we both have similar reasons!
                                  > by the way - i love you - ik hou van je (pronounced somthing like
                                  ik
                                  > hou fon je)
                                  > "dear", "baby" is schat (s h o t)
                                  > ik mis je (i miss you)
                                  >
                                  > keep in touch!
                                  > maybe you will tell me something interesting in dutch!
                                  >
                                  > groetjes,
                                  > vica
                                  >
                                  > On Fri, 31 May 2002 08:30:43 -0300
                                  > "Gustavo A. Salvini" <guspatagonico@y...> wrote:
                                  > >Thanks a lot! (Danke u!)
                                  > >I'll be glad if I can understand and write (even speak!) some
                                  basic
                                  > >phrases
                                  > >in a few time.
                                  > >
                                  > >Dank u!
                                  > >Met vriendelijke groeten.
                                  > >
                                  > >Gustavo.

                                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=213858.2097561.3556641.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705
                                  080709:HM/A=763352/R=0/*http://www.classmates.com/index.tf?s=5085>

                                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=213858.2097561.3556641.1829184/D=egrou
                                  pmail/S=1705080709:HM/A=763352/rand=920535552>

                                  <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=226014.2032696.3508022.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705
                                  080709:HM/A=1000239/R=0/*http:/ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=1022948038
                                  %3eM=226014.2032696.3508022.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=100023
                                  9/R=1>

                                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=226014.2032696.3508022.1829184/D=egrou
                                  pmail/S=1705080709:HM/A=1000239/rand=619606733>

                                • Gustavo A. Salvini
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jun 5, 2002
                                    Hallo Mark!!!!!!!!!
                                    Really impressive!!!!!
                                    "De meisje ik houden van" lives in Buenos Aires, 20 km. far away from me. Today I was with her... Wow! What a beautiful eyes she has! I'm really in love with her. :-)
                                    I live in Turdera, a town 20 km far from Buenos Aires. My town is really a nice place to live. We have beautiful parks and the people is very polite! // Ik woon in Turdera, Argentina.
                                    I'm picking up grammar :-) ... My poorest point now is vocabulary and pronunciation... So, I need to practice with sound lessons.

                                    Veel geluk!!!!!!

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jun 5, 2002
                                        Wow .. really interesting.
                                        In latin cultures people say things like that all the time... :-)

                                        Groetjes!
                                        Gus

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jun 5, 2002
                                          Hallo Sheridan!

                                          Thanks for your comments about my English ;-) I'm improving "mijn talen" thanks to groups like this! =)
                                          She's the most beautiful woman I'd ever known! She's so sweet! I did meet her two and half months ago here in Buenos Aires. She lived in Nederland since she was 1 year-old, until 12 year-old.
                                          I'm trying to learn dutch to write her a love letter in that "taal". I wish to have the letter ready for her before June-22, because that is her birthday's day! =)

                                          Thanks again!!!

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jun 6, 2002
                                            Hey Gus...

                                            Steady on :O) I think you were drooling when you wrote this. :O)

                                            I have just had a girl from Argentina join my Kiwi_kamer group - her
                                            reason for learning Dutch...Love of course! Zij heeft en vriend in
                                            Nederland.

                                            Tots zien

                                            - Mark

                                            .```. _.''..