Re: [DESG] Re: Van Dale Dictionary (again)

  • Evie Fieseler
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
      Well, isn't it that in the D-E dictionary the Dutch words are alphabetized,
      and in the E-D on the English words are alphabetized...?

      I've heard that the Kramer's is a lower cost good alternative... That's the
      one I will get.

      Groetjes,
      Evie

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
        Evie,

        I have both Kramer's D/E amd E/D. I would not give them up for
        anything. LOL They are great and very helpful. It would be nie to be
        able to afford a Van Dale, but IMO, I think the Kramer's are next
        best.:-)

        mvg
        lakota

        > I've heard that the Kramer's is a lower cost good alternative... That's the
        > one I will get.
      • Evie Fieseler
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
          Yep, I'm saving up for them. I've gotten so attached to my P1, that I've
          sort of been holding out for a paper dictionary that's organized that way
          (both languages alphabetized together, color coded), but I guess there isn't
          one. Too bad. I think that's a great learning tool.

          Evie

          > I have both Kramer's D/E amd E/D. I would not give them up for
          > anything. LOL They are great and very helpful. It would be nie to be
          > able to afford a Van Dale, but IMO, I think the Kramer's are next
          > best.:-)
          >
          > mvg
          > lakota
          >
          > > I've heard that the Kramer's is a lower cost good alternative... That's
          the
          > > one I will get.

        • Daryl Westfall
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
            I'll be in NL (unless plans fall apart) at the end of this month.

            I might be able to purchase some things to bring back to the States. If
            there's something you're desperate to get your hands on, write me off-list.

            PS: If there is someone on the list who lives in Chicago, please write me.
            I would like to possibly ask a small favour.

            Thanks,
            Daryl
          • slawson61
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
              I've gotten so attached to my P1, that I've
              > sort of been holding out for a paper dictionary that's organized
              that way

              I too am a big fan of P1 - if you think an electronic dictionary is
              an option, P1 is the one to go for. Unlike many other electronic
              jobs, P1 starts searching as soon as you type something in, further
              refining its search with every letter you add, so its quick.

              When I read dutch, I have tended to sit at my pc with P1 poised. I am
              only now trying to wean myself off it and onto van Dale dutch - dutch.

              Added bonus is that its not on a CD, so you can have your other CD in
              and still use P1