I am going to sleep?

  • oelph@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2001
      This one little puzzle will, I suspect, be indicative of all my future
      learning problems!! :)  [only two weeks in so far]

      I was trying to figure out how you'd say 'I am going to sleep (now)'. I
      initially thought it would be ' ik ben gaande slapen (nu)' but I've started
      reading into word order and so forth and its all getting very confusing!

      I think my main problem is I have a tendancy to try and translate word for
      word english > dutch.  Any thoughts?  Also should I be worrying about this
      type of problem this early on?
    • oelph@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2001
        Hrm I've been looking into this some more - am I right in thinking
        gaande is used in places such as 'what is going on?' and I should be
        using 'gaan / ga' such as: ik ben ga slapen?

        thanks in advance (dank vooruit?)
        Jason,