Re: [DESG] Language exchange?

  • OmiHVL1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
      Dear EM - dont ever be afraid of making mistakes, then you never learn
      anything.
      Schrijf wat Hollands en "klaar is Kees" (this is a real Dutch sentence that
      means "just do it"

      Something you say when you want someone to do something you say: "Ga gewoon
      Hollands
      met fouten schrijven en "klaar is Kees." In other words get it done and
      actually the only way to learn the language. Its better than speaking it you
      learn to write it first.
      Take the step en "klaar is Kees."
      groetjes
      Inez

      com writes:

      Hoi iedereen,

      kan iemand mij helpen met mijn nederlands? :-)

      Although I have been learning the language for some time now I am
      scared to use it in public for fear of making mistakes, which I
      definitely make very often. Unfortunately, because of my job I now
      need to write a little in Dutch and am hoping I could persuade someone
      with a sense of humour to proofread a little bit for me!

      I'm a native English speaker, also speak German and French, and would
      love to take part in a language exchange and email/chat.
      Alternatively, I can proofread in English if that is useful to you.

      Do you guys think that it is better to send stuff straight to this
      group? I feel bad about emailing nearly a thousand people with my
      lousy Dutch! :-)

      Groetjes,

      Em

    • bomtempobr
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
        Hi EM,
        I had similar problem when I started to work here in Holland. well, I
        still with some problem! :)
        Then I decided to install an English-Dutch translator on my computer.

        You can see how Babylon translator works at:

        http://www.foreignersinholland.com/
        <http://www.foreignersinholland.com/>

        If you decided to download and install it on your computer, that is very
        useful, you just need to click on the word that you don't know with
        middle mouse button.

        You can use http://translate.google.com/ <http://translate.google.com/>
        as well.

        I have a Dutch autocorrector for Microsoft Office that help me a lot.

        When I think that my text is possible to understand I just click on the
        button SEND! :)

        Best wishes,
        Anselmo

        --- In DUTCH-ENGLISH-STUDY-GROUP@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:DUTCH-ENGLISH-STUDY-GROUP@yahoogroups.com> , OmiHVL1@... wrote:

        > Dear EM - dont ever be afraid of making mistakes, then you never learn
        > anything.
        > Schrijf wat Hollands en "klaar is Kees" (this is a real Dutch sentence
        that
        > means "just do it"
        >
        > Something you say when you want someone to do something you say: "Ga
        gewoon
        > Hollands
        > met fouten schrijven en "klaar is Kees." In other words get it done
        and
        > actually the only way to learn the language. Its better than speaking
        it you
        > learn to write it first.
        > Take the step en "klaar is Kees."
        > groetjes
        > Inez
        >

        > com writes:
        >

        > Hoi iedereen,
        >
        > kan iemand mij helpen met mijn nederlands? :-)
        >
        > Although I have been learning the language for some time now I am
        > scared to use it in public for fear of making mistakes, which I
        > definitely make very often. Unfortunately, because of my job I now
        > need to write a little in Dutch and am hoping I could persuade
        someone
        > with a sense of humour to proofread a little bit for me!
        >
        > I'm a native English speaker, also speak German and French, and would
        > love to take part in a language exchange and email/chat.
        > Alternatively, I can proofread in English if that is useful to you.
        >
        > Do you guys think that it is better to send stuff straight to this
        > group? I feel bad about emailing nearly a thousand people with my
        > lousy Dutch! :-)
        >
        > Groetjes,
        >
        > Em
        >

        > **************Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial
        > challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information,
        tips and
        > calculators. (http://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=emlcntuswall00000001
        <http://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=emlcntuswall00000001> )

      • ibraahiimsom
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
          Hi Em
          Really you are i have now like that problem and i believe we will
          pass, so speaking is very important and you can persuade the people
          what you want and the ather steps like writting ,and reading is very
          near to you so please last you efforts you will reach
          >Groetje
          Ibrahim