Re: [DESG] Kent iemand hier de gedicht "Een Echtergal (?)"?

  • Cee Beebee
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
      hi

      not sure i understood it all, are you looking for a piece of classical musik by Bach or Mozart ?
      did you try to check in a public library?
      Rotterdam bibliotheek has a great choice and they have a website you can search on
      your dutch seems much better than mine, maybe you could try that?

      if i got it all wrong ...sorry

      cebe
      devlin_dc <devlin_dc@...> wrote:
      Kent iemand hier de gedicht "Een Echtergal" (Ik denk dat dat de naam
      is)

      't gaat:

      Een echtergal, in echter nacht
      hij zingt alleen muzik van Bach.
      Tot groet misnoegen (?) van zijn vrou
      zij alleen Mozart horen wou.

      't stemde(?)haar melancholiek,
      dat eine kleine nachtmuziek

      ...en ik ken geen meer.

      Kunt u mij helpen?

      't spijt me, mijn nederlands is dreklijk. Wat beetje nederlands ik
      kende, ik heb vergeten.

      Dank u wel,
      Dev

      devlin_dc@...

      --
      Group address: dutch-english-study-group@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: dutch-english-study-group-SUBSCRIBE@yahoogroups.com

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • devlin_dc
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
        Hiya Cebe,

        It is a poem I'm looking for. One of my Dutch instructors some years
        ago had us learn it for class.

        I really should have written my posting in English to be sure people
        would understand, but I was just trying to show off! Kinda backfired.

        It's a rather silly poem, but I liked it. It's about a bird (a
        nightinggale I think) who liked to sing (chirp) Bach, while his mate
        only liked Mozart. Silly, no...?

        I tried looking it up on-line, but nothing popped up. I was hoping
        someone here might know it.

        I studied Dutch at the Belgian Embassy some years ago, but I haven't
        used it lately, so it has become quite bad.

        I really don't know why I practice my Dutch, because when I go to
        A'dam everyone there speaks English so wonderfully. They are
        impressed that I speak a bit, but then they get frustrated and we
        switch quickly to English.

        Thanks for responding.

        Dev.
      • Cee Beebee
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
          Hi Dev

          oh I see .... my dutch does definitely need improving!!!
          i have been trying a little for two years but as you say so well everyone speak wonderful english here so we don't really feel the need for it until you realise how little
          you can do without a friend or someone to translate docs and letters for you!
          i joined a class last year and this september i am back again and trying to find opportunities to read and write it
          found this link on internet..
          ik moet probeer nederlands schrijven ...wil jij helpen ?

          totziens