Re: [DESG] spoken dutch

  • Guzziman
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 1, 2004
      I am also a Buffalo girl, since we are on this topic. I am from Lockport
      originally!

      :)
      Amy

      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 3, 2004
        Ik weet North Tonawanda, het is niet ver van Williamsville. Ik ga
        naar Williamsville South (de oude school) van '68 af '71.

        I know North Tonawanda - it's not far from Williamsville. I went to
        Williamsville High South (it was the original, older high school). I
        was there from '68 to '71. I moved back to the Cleveland area for
        the rest of junior and senior year. I liked the school and the
        people - hated the weather!!!

        <gshannon@t...> wrote:
        > Hoi M.J.
        > Ik ben in North Tonawanda geboren maar in Lakeview (Hamburg)
        > opgegroeid. Ik ken sommige mensen van Williamsville (North? East?
        > West? Kan ik me niet meer herinneren)- waneer was je daar?
        >
        > I was born in N. Tonawanda but grew up in Lakeview (Hamburg). I
        know
        > some people from Williamsville (N?E?W? Can't recall anymore)- when
        > were you there? My friends were probably class of 86 or so.
        >
        > Glen
        >
        > At 2:42 PM +0000 12/31/03, mj_w_olf wrote:
        > >Where in Buffalo did you live? I went to part of my high school in
        > >Williamsville!!! (such a small world, isn't it? not too many
        people
        > >will admit to being from Buffalo!!)
        > >
        > >M.J.
        > >
        > >--- In DUTCH-ENGLISH-STUDY-GROUP@yahoogroups.com, Glen Shannon
        > ><gshannon@t...> wrote:
        > >> Hoi Lakota,
        > >>
        > >> Nope, I'm from Buffalo but went to school at Cornell.
        > >> Nee ("neep"?), ik kom oorspronkelijk uit Buffalo maar deed de
        > >> universiteit te Cornell. (??)
        > >>
        > >> I haven't been back there in 15 years- skipped all reunions
        because
        > >> live really far. I bet it's really beautiful there right now. Or
        > >> maybe a couple months ago before it (probably) got covered with
        > >> sneeuw.
        > >>
        > >> groetjes
        > >> Glen

      • D. J. West
        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 4, 2004
          Groetjes! Amazing! It is a small world. I had cousins, circa 1975, in NT .

          mj_w_olf <tsuga54@...> wrote:Ik weet North Tonawanda, het is niet ver van Williamsville. Ik ga

          Group address: dutch-english-study-group@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: dutch-english-study-group-SUBSCRIBE@yahoogroups.com
          Moderator: dutch-english-study-group-OWNER@yahoogroups.com