DSR/DDOT Photo Collage

  • H.B.Craig-II
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2011
    Hi Members!
    This past weekend I was able to put together a photo collage featuring the various transit vehicles that have been used on the streets of Detroit since the DSR took over city transit operations back in 1922. I've been planning to do this for some years and finally got around to it. Of course it doesn't include everything but I tried to display the most prominent vehicles, plus tossing in a few obscure ones as well. The collage covers nearly 90 years of service under a city-owned and operated transit system.

    I've sent along a copy of it as an attachment, check it out.
  • James Alain
    Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2011
      Nice job.....you've even got the oddballs like the Blue Streak and three-car-train streetcars.  However, I don't see one of the mid1960s Flxibles from the trial order at that time. Meanwhile, hello from the land of cold and snow!

      [Attachment(s) from H.B.Craig-II included below]

      Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2011
        Thanks Jim for your comments. I thought about including the Flx's, but since they only hung around for one year, and space was limited, I decided not to include them. The more photos I included the smaller the end product would have become for the purposes I intend to use the collage.  BTW-stay warm up there in the U.P.