Re: returning to service

  • rts_04
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
      When will this return to service? I really need to photograph this
      one before it leaves...

      Anyone know why it's returning to service? Any confirmation for what
      route it'll be on?

      Thanks!

      -Evan McCausland

      --- In DSR-2-DOT@yahoogroups.com, "H.B.Craig-II" <hbcraig2@...> wrote:

      > That's interesting, coach #9347. Wow, that coach has been around
      since 1993—that's 15 years, even older than the DDOT #3200-series
      RTSs. Almost a classic. Be sure to send along a few photos when its
      ready for the road.

      #9347 was among sixty-seven coaches (#9301-9367) delivered to SMART
      (Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation) between
      March and April of 1993, and part of the same order as coach #9306
      pictured above. It was built by TMC (Transportation Manufacturing
      Corporation), not long before NovaBUS (the builder of the DDOT
      #3200-series) acquired the rights to build the RTS in 1994.

      last few years as the Dream Cruiser traveling Woodward during the
      dream cruise. This is the last RTS SMART has. The bus is in the paint
      shop being repainted into standard Smart colors from the custom Dream
      Cruise colors and logos. Supposedly the bus will be used on route 851
      park and ride.