File - DEALING WITH THOSE YAHOO! CHANGES

  • DSR-2-DOT@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2003
      ATTENTION MEMBERS!
      Back on August 21, 2003, major changes were implemented by Yahoo!
      Groups which resulted in all photos attachments sent via email no
      longer being archived on the web-site. Since one aspect of our group
      deals with historical information and historic photos, we feel that it's
      important that these photos be viewed in connection with the original
      email message sent.

      As a result, I have now implemented the following policy whenever I
      send email messages to the membership that also include photo
      attachments.

      1.) The photo attachments will still be sent via email (whenever
      applicable) so that our members who have elected to receive photos can
      still view those photo(s) from their individual email account.

      2.) In that same email message will also be included an "archived photo
      link" which will allow the same photo to be viewed whenever a member
      visits the web-site and reads the message at a later time. Even though
      the photo attachment(s) would be listed as "not stored" by Yahoo!, the
      link would still remain in the archived message at the web-site and
      would work and look something like the following:

      TO VIEW PHOTO WHILE AT THE WEB-SITE CLICK-ON ARCHIVED PHOTO LINK:

      This would also allow those new members who join the group at any time
      to still be able to view the photos as well.

      REMEMBER! Email attachments can still be sent via email to the group
      and those members who want to send photo attachments should feel free
      to do so. Those members who would like to view all of the attachments
      would now have to make sure that their group message delivery status is
      set to "Individual emails."

      -HBCII (Group Owner)
      DSR-2-DOT � DETROIT's PUBLIC TRANSIT SCENE
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DSR-2-DOT

      [PLEASE NOTE!-This email is a monthly auto-sent file message]
    • DSR-2-DOT@yahoogroups.com