2008 DDOT "online" System Map

  • H.B.Craig-II
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2008
      Over a year ago the topic came up in this forum regarding the lack of a system-wide route map on the "official" DDOT web-site.  Shortly thereafter, DSR-2-DOT group member Aurélien Boyer-Moraes, a graphic designer from France who specializes in transportation system cartography (map-making), granted me permission to post his 2007 DDOT "system-wide" Route Map on my DetroitTransitHistory.info web-site.  That map was uploaded to the site back in January of 2007.

      Well, this past week member Boyer-Moraes emailed me the new 2007/08 "updated" version of his work. The new version comes with a bit more detail than the previous version. It was recently added to the Detroit Transit History site under "The DDOT Years" section.

      You can now view his 2008 DDOT System Map at:
      (Be sure to enlarge the map in your browser to view at 100% for detailed viewing)

      I'd like to thank member Aurélien Boyer-Moraes for allowing his work to be posted on the web-site. Congratulations to him again on a job well done!

      -H.B.Craig,II
      (Web-site Administrator)

      http://www.detroittransithistory.info/index.html

      On a side note: The same discussion regarding the lack of a system-wide online DDOT map came up a few months ago on another "quite-active" Detroit based forum, and the link to Aurélien's DDOT map was posted there by a member of that forum as an example of an existing "online" map displaying the entire DDOT route system. Hey dude, your work is being noticed!!