Re: [DSI Synths] Help for round Deep Bass / Subby on Evolver

  • Spectral
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2012
      Ravi's advice is great, thanks mate - I'd only add a couple of thing:

      It all depends on what you're using to monitor the output. I had a couple of good bass sounds that weren't quite subby enough - on headphones or small monitors; when I had the Evolver playing through a big stereo keyboard rig all the lows you couldn't hear before came through and shook the walls.

      Make sure 'key mode' is set to retrigger the envelopes (LOr/hir/LAr)- so envelopes & LFOs will snap in at the same time and ensure 'punch'.

      For PWM modulate Osc 1 and Osc 2 with two separate LFOs set to slightly different frequencies, to get more movement and thicken up the sound (or route the LFO to osc 2 via a mod slot at a different amount). The analogue oscillators are always more flexible than the digital. Like Ravi says, detune to +3/-3 or even +5/-5 and set osc 1 and osc 2 to widths that vary a little from square wave - e.g. osc 1=40 and osc 2=60.