Re: [DSI Synths] "Peek" feature on Evolver?

  • massimo
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2012
      On the DEVO just turn a knob one click.

      --- On Wed, 8/2/12, Brian P <ududidj@...> wrote:

      From: Brian P <ududidj@...>
      Subject: [DSI Synths] "Peek" feature on Evolver?
      To: DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, 8 February, 2012, 23:39

      Hello,

      Is there a "peek" feature on Evolver that can be actuated so that you can see a parameter without first modifying it (to make it show up in the edit display)? I thought there was but I can't seem to find it anywhere on this unit. I want to see the SEQ destinations/parameters without them changing.

      Thanks!

    • r_domain
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 16, 2012
        This would be really handy! It works great on the DEVO but not on my MEK.

        --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, massimo <massenmedium@...> wrote:

        > On the DEVO just turn a knob one click.

      • Brian P
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 25, 2012
          I was originally thinking of the Peek feature especially for pots equipped poly keyboards. I did the pots upgrade on mine and now it's impossible to "peek" since there are no more clicks on the knobs with the pots.

          Even on the encoders, it is sometimes difficult to just get one "click" to see what the value is. A dedicated feature for it would be helpful. I made the suggestion to DSI just in the rare case the OS is ever updated again in the future.

          --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "r_domain" <rdomain@...> wrote:

          > This would be really handy! It works great on the DEVO but not on my MEK.
          >
          > --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, massimo <massenmedium@> wrote:
          > >
          > > On the DEVO just turn a knob one click.

        • steven pistrich
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 25, 2012
            i got the cheaper --'detent encoder  '  upgrade   and it seems to do the one click peek thing pretty normally.    its those original crappy encoders that were just---- bad .
            i dont know about the pots--- i didnt want pots on mine