EvoDesktop: How to get analog VCS3 effect

  • evolver_kla
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2011
      hi! this is my first post here :)

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gupPWGx0hys

      time 2.26: the descending sound.

      does anybody had an idea?

      this kind on sounds are always present on jarre's tracks; they are typically made by EMS VCS3 but in my opinion they should be playable by evolver too.
      or not...?!

      regards
    • Tom Wiltshire
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17, 2012
        It sounds like a downwards pitch sweep controlled by an envelope, coupled with an LFO modulation of either the pitch or the filter. The key part is that the LFO frequency is also controlled by the sweeping envelope, so the LFO starts off fast, almost audio, and then slows down rapidly.

        And yeah, I'd have thought Evolver could do that.

        HTH,
        Tom

        On 19 Dec 2011, at 16:22, evolver_kla wrote:

        > hi! this is my first post here :)
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gupPWGx0hys
        >
        > time 2.26: the descending sound.
        >
        > does anybody had an idea?
        >
        > this kind on sounds are always present on jarre's tracks; they are typically made by EMS VCS3 but in my opinion they should be playable by evolver too.
        > or not...?!
        >
        > regards

      • evening1

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 20, 2012
            Thank you all! I got it! I'm very happy!

            ...but that video wasn't mine: people wrote me asking and saying that stuff is great and so on... That boy is not me :D
            regards