[DSI Synths] Beat It "Gong" sound?

  • Joe McGinty
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 3 10:42 AM
      Has anyone here taken a stab at the "Beat It" gong sound on the PEK?
      Seems entirely do-able, any suggestions would be appreciated.

      thanks,

      Joe

      --
      Joe McGinty

      http://www.esession.com/joemcginty
      http://www.joemcginty.com
      http://www.myspace.com/joemcginty
      http://www.carouselrecording.com
      http://www.loserslounge.com
    • James Elliott
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 8 12:15 PM
        So, Paul, what do you think about the upgrade? What are your impressions?

        -Jim

        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 8 1:15 PM
          Hi Jim

          > So, Paul, what do you think about the upgrade? What are your
          > impressions?

          Unfortunately, it is a Christmas present to myself from my girlfriend so, I dont get it until 25th :(

          I do know that the more I use the PEK, the more I dislike the pots; they feel to me like a controller for a VST rather than the instant feel of a regular knob. I turn a pot and the sound does not change as expected so I look at the LCD to see that I have only moved the value 30% of what I expected.

          but time will tell..

          Paul
          London
          www.punkdisco.co.uk
        • James Elliott
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 9, 2010
            Alright Mr. Paul... christermeka is ova, tell us about dat PEK pot skit maing!

            What about it?

            -Jim