Poly Evolver Keyboard - how many made?

  • punkdISCO
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2009
      Hey all

      I just got a PEK (yay!) for a very good price (slightly more than used
      prices) as it is ex-display. Anyway, how can I know how old my PEK is?
      Serial number is approx 900 which seems quite low unless there have not been
      many made.

      I am only curious because of the pot issues. Reading up and Dave Smith said
      the issues related to a batch of pots so current/new evo's will not have any
      problems.

      The PEK is a great synth btw. All I have to do now is decide if I keep my
      MED for 5 notes poly or, sell it..

      Paul
      London
      www.punkdisco.co.uk
      Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
      "thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"
    • motorzot
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 23, 2009
        Good on ya!

        I'd keep the MED and purchase a small mixer to balance the outputs. I recently picked up a Rolls MX-28 micro-mixer and while I don't have a keyboard Evo yet it will clearly do the job and with a small footprint.

        When I find my keyboard I'm definitely keeping my MED not only as an extra voice but also to have a portable Evo for patch programming: sit on the couch in front of the television with the desktop and use SoundTower to transfer patches to the keyboard. Best of both worlds.