Poly Evolver Rack wiped clean

  • ubiquitousblack
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
      Turned on the rack a few days ago to find each and every prog & combi were non-existant.

      First I tried to make any blank number patch create a sound to no avail.

      Second I loaded sounds which didn't work either but found the last sound loaded (via midi-ox, Soundtower software and Sound-diver) overwrote every other sound when trying to access any other sound by the dial or via midi, very weird and still no sound was produced.

      **Last, I reloaded the system files per Dave Smith Instruments files and steps and it works again, hurrah.

      BTW, my poly rack is hooked up to a belkin power strip which is in turn hooked up to a 120Volt output transformer with a +/-1.3% voltage so no grounding nor voltage issues.

      Just putting it out there in case it happens to anyone else.
    • Bodie
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2009
        On board battery perhaps? Had this years ago with my Korg T1 and had to reinitialize it after replacing the battery.

        Bodie

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2009
          When I changed the ROM's recently for the hardware upgrade, I don't recall seeing a battery but I wasn't paying attention for one at the time, just the 4 voice and 1 rom chip.
          To avoid the hassle of removing and taking it apart again, does anyone else recall if there is in fact a battery inside?

          Tyler.