Re: Help getting sequencer clock to run off external input peak

  • matthew goike
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
      Thanks very much. Now if I could just set MIDI clock from the
      sequencer steps and send it out...

      --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "devetron" <devetron@...> wrote:

      > Oops. "EiS" is the one to gate the sequencer. I'm a little jealous of
      > you MEK/PEK owners with your fancy displays and all.
      >
      > --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "devetron" <devetron@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Use the "trigger select" setting for your patch. "Ei" is the proper
      > > setting on the dEvo.
      > >
      > > --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "matthew goike"
      > > <goodnessgrows@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I'd like to use a squarewave pulse coming through the audio input to
      > > run my sequencer clock
      > > > on my PEK. According to the manual, I can use external input peak
      > > as a modulation source,
      > > > and sequencer clock as a destination, but seq clock doesn't show up
      > > in the destination menu
      > > > in the modulators section. Is there somewhere else to set this at,
      > > or do I need to change any
      > > > global parameters to enable this? Any help would be appreciated.

    • devetron
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2008
        Looks like I gave you some incomplete information (again). Under "Midi
        Clock" settings there is an external input mode. THAT is where you can
        make the sequencer step when the left external input crosses a fixed
        threshold.

        That other business I was talking about just lets the sequencer run
        when the ext in is over the threshold.

        So much to learn about these things.....

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2008
          Bah. So I went to my evolver to try out the settings under "midi
          clock" and the external in settings weren't there. I emailed DSI and
          they told me that the settings were moved to "trigger sel" with the
          3.0 OS: "That moved in version 3 to the 'Trigger Sel' parameter,
          mostly to bring it in line with the other Evolver models, but also
          because it's not really a clock parameter."
          I originally got that info from the version 2.0 manual.

          I'll try to shut up now unless I KNOW what I'm talking about.
          Me: "Hey everybody! I'm typing on the internet!!!"