Re: Wavestation > Evolver

  • haroldland2
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 6, 2008
      I emailed Dave since he also had a hand in making the Wavestation, and
      he directed me to a program called Midiox. It shows that the
      Wavestation is indeed sending CC # 12 as on/off. I guess I need a
      midi filter. Does anyone have suggestions for a small inline unit
      that can filter specific CC #s.

      regards
      Harold

      --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Rost" <hubcapbrian@...> wrote:

      > --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "haroldland2" <haroldland2@>
      > wrote:> Distortion
      > > is CC # 12, but according to the Wavestation's manual, it only sends
      > > CC #s 1, 4, 6, 7, 15, 17, 38, 64, 100 & 101 (most of which sadly the
      > > EVO does not receive).
      >
      > Interestingly enough, the MIDI spec states the standard usage for
      > CC#12 is "Effect Control 1" and you are using your footswitch to
      > switch Wavestation FX on and off...
      >
      > Brian

    • Dale
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 6, 2008
        midi ox is a wonderful tool
        midi yoke too

        you can use midi ox as a filter btw ...

        dale

        Ready to take your music to new levels?
        Serious_Musicians@yahoogroups.com

        I emailed Dave since he also had a hand in making the Wavestation, and
        he directed me to a program called Midiox.  It shows that the
        Wavestation is indeed sending CC # 12 as on/off.  I guess I need a
        midi filter.  Does anyone have suggestions for a small inline unit
        that can filter specific CC #s.

        regards
        Harold
      • Ben
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 9, 2008
          If you need a hardware box, have a look at midisolutions there might be
          something for you.

          Ben