RE: [Evolver] Re: Polyevolver Keyboard + Evolver Desktop?

  • Iain Bryden
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
      Hi,

      I have an MEK, PER, and an EVO. When I chained the MEK and the PER I didn't notice a volume difference. Maybe there are some hardware manufacture variations, or maybe I just wasn't hearing it? Do you have the latest updates?

      Speaking of the Poly Rack, I bought one figuring I'd get 4 additional Evolvers and have the benefit of portability and lower cost but still be able to to edits using the MEK. But I find the Rack to be pretty awkward to use, especially with combo mode. Since combo mode doesn't exist in the MEK, you can't use the keyboard to program combo patches in the Rack. A patch change from a computer sequencer changes the combo instead of the program within the combo, which is unlike any other multitimbral hardware I've ever used. I also find the SoundTower editing software very clumsy with combos. I've accidently overwritten programs because SoundTower occasionally forgets which part I'm editing. Editing software is an essential component in the Rack, and SoundTower falls short. As a result, I'm not really using the Rack. Even though it's hooked up to my system, I tend to use the MEK and EVO and just overdub tracks.

      I'm probably going to sell the Rack and Desktop and buy a PEK.

      -- Iain