how do i upload a sound bank to the MEK?

  • tzachi keinan
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20, 2008
      Hi everyone!

      i just got my MEK & Prophet 08 desktop two days ago.

      i heard that the "mostly analog" bank for the evolver is really good. i want to upload it to my MEK, but it doesn't say how on the manual (or am i missing something?). how do i do that?

      i understand you can upload it as a midi file (though i have no clue how), or in the form of SysEx (which i have no idea what it is or what it means).

      glad for some help and advice

      thanks!

    • Iain Bryden
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2008
        Hi,

        I use my computer sequencer (Cakewalk Sonar) to read the data dump banks from the Evolver to back everything up. If you've worked on any programs that you want to save, do this first.

        I've used MidiOx (www.midiox.com) to send banks to my Evolvers. If I recall correctly: open MidiOx, specify your MIDI ports, load up the file, run it. Doing it this way will overwrite entire banks and you can't specify which banks to overwrite because that is set in the sysex file.

        There are also a couple of editors/patch librarians that I'm aware of - SoundTower (www.soundtower.com/evolver/) and Vyzor (www.psicraft.com). I've only used SoundTower to a limited degree, but it seems to be fine for individual patch uploading/downloading/rearrangement. At some point I intend to use SoundTower to rearrange my Evolver programs into categories.

        -- Iain