Re: [Evolver] FWD: AES Meeting - Evolver

  • thligrdd <onthesurface@cox.net>
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2003
      Heh, Dave knows it crashes, I told him that the very first day I got
      mine (which was I believe the second day that anybody got theirs
      retail), and he verified that the second day. It has something to do
      with adjusting the first mod matrix slot. Of course, I haven't
      experienced it since I got my second evolver, so maybe he fixed that
      with the 1.1 OS rev even though that rev was supposedly only made to
      accomodate the new external (external to the Marion chips) VCAs.

      I don't mean to bash Dave, I think very few people have experienced
      any of the known bugs that exist with the evolver. He's mostly
      correct, the evolver is almost crash-proof.

      --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nagle <paul@s...> wrote:

      > >>PCs crash, Macs crash, they all crash. (Holds up Evolver) This
      doesn't
      > >>crash. It runs all the time, and it'll still run five or ten or
      twenty years
      > >>from now."
      >
      > Mine crashed recently, just once... no idea why, as yet. Something
      > do with making lots of very fast edits perhaps, especially working
      > with the mod sources and whizzing around the panel at high speed.
      OK,
      > I still don't have a clue why....
      >
      > Paul
    • Paul Nagle
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2003
        On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 16:04:49 -0000, "thligrdd <onthesurface@...>"
        <onthesurface@...> wrote:

        >I don't mean to bash Dave, I think very few people have experienced
        >any of the known bugs that exist with the evolver. He's mostly
        >correct, the evolver is almost crash-proof.

        Me neither, this is a very rare occurance.

        Paul