Evolver sequencer as master sequencer

  • macevole
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2007
      Hello,
      i'm looking around for an evolver. I'm very interested to this
      "incredible" device.

      At the moment, my live set are based on 2 Gameboy with LSDJ soft
      carts, korg kaoss pad II and MicroKorg or Roland sh 101.

      The idea is to use evolver like a master sequencer to control my 2 GBs.

      To do that i use this device > http://www.firestarter-music.de/lsdj/
      Using that, i'm able to connect Gb to, i.e., my mac with Ableton Live
      sendig START/STOP messages from Live to Gameboy.

      Is it possibile to use the Evolver to send start/stop to my Gbs?

      A friend of mine who bought an evolver told me that Evolver works
      differently from other synth and it wasn't able to sync Gameboy. This
      sound strange to me because Evolver comes with Midi and midi is a
      standard...so Midi from Live and midi from Evolver should be the same.

      can u help me?

      regards

      m.
    • M-.-n
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3 1:02 PM
        I don't see why the sequencer of the evolver wouldn't start lsdjmc2. Since
        it is basically midi start/stop and clock that the gameboy adapter needs I
        don't see why you should run into any problem. If you can wait and bump me
        in about two weeks (no chace before that) I can give it a try.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4 4:55 AM
          --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "M-.-n" <nostromo@...> wrote:

          > I don't see why the sequencer of the evolver wouldn't start lsdjmc2.
          Since
          > it is basically midi start/stop and clock that the gameboy adapter
          needs I
          > don't see why you should run into any problem. If you can wait and
          bump me
          > in about two weeks (no chace before that) I can give it a try.

          Mr. Nostromo!!
          i don't want to wait you!! :p
          u refuse me to make a port of LGPtracker for my PSP (eh eh ..i sold it).

          however, i think it should work without problem with lsdjmc2...
          so let me know as soon you can make a try :)

          ah..i'm NrGiGa...from Italy;)

          tnx for support