questions...

  • M-.-n
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2007
      I there !

      I'm a new evolver owner and tonite I'm planning on spending a little time
      trying to get one particular sound
      out of the evolver. It's 'parent' comes from a stephan bodzin track (Bodzin
      Vs. Romboy: puck if anyone cares). The sound it itself is not that though to
      get but the expression on it gives me the shivers. I'm not at all sure I'll
      be able to do it on the evo (I'm going to miss envelopes me thinks) but
      anyway: There I go...

      The first question is about enveloppe triggering. The docs talk about the
      different configurations you can set for
      triggering but it does not say what sequencer parameter in particular is the
      key to the 'Gate'. Anyone has an idea ?

      Then, about the envelope themselves. The docs talks about VCA & envelope 3.
      I believe it means there's actually two envelopes on the VCA (one for L and
      one for R) although controlled with the same ADSR values. Is this true ? I
      would love to have one more envelope..; since I want to drive the filter
      with an ADSR, it would mean I wouldn't have any other for extra fiddling. Is
      that right ?

      Thanks for any ideas around the topic !
      Marc.
      http://discodirt.10pm.org
      14:56
    • rgmccaig
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2007
        Hi, since you said 'tonite' I'll see if I can remember:
        I believe Env-1 actually refers to the VCF and Env-3 is
        arbitrary/user-mapped, so you will be happy there.

        And I think triggers are generated from the Seq1 track, every time a
        new step occurs, unless the step is Off.

        Hope I'm right; hope that helps :).

        -Graeme

        --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "M-.-n" <nostromo@...> wrote:

        > I there !
        >
        > I'm a new evolver owner and tonite I'm planning on spending a little
        time
        > trying to get one particular sound
        > out of the evolver. It's 'parent' comes from a stephan bodzin track
        (Bodzin
        > Vs. Romboy: puck if anyone cares). The sound it itself is not that
        though to
        > get but the expression on it gives me the shivers. I'm not at all
        sure I'll
        > be able to do it on the evo (I'm going to miss envelopes me thinks) but
        > anyway: There I go...
        >
        > The first question is about enveloppe triggering. The docs talk
        about the
        > different configurations you can set for
        > triggering but it does not say what sequencer parameter in
        particular is the
        > key to the 'Gate'. Anyone has an idea ?
        >
        > Then, about the envelope themselves. The docs talks about VCA &
        envelope 3.
        > I believe it means there's actually two envelopes on the VCA (one
        for L and
        > one for R) although controlled with the same ADSR values. Is this
        true ? I
        > would love to have one more envelope..; since I want to drive the filter
        > with an ADSR, it would mean I wouldn't have any other for extra
        fiddling. Is
        > that right ?
        >
        > Thanks for any ideas around the topic !
        > Marc.
        > http://discodirt.10pm.org
        > --
        26/02/2007
        > 14:56

      • M-.-n
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2007

          I took the empty program (bank 1/128) and it triggered envelopes at each step, which is fine for what I intended. It just took me about 10 mins to find out the tone I was hearing came from the filter self oscillating :)

          Envelope 1 is VCA, 2 is filter, 3 is free.

          Nice machine.. I can feel I'm going to have fun with it !