Re: [Evolver] Xmas Evolver Demos

  • J Lesser
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 6, 2007
      ok

      http://www.lsr1.com/evolver/xmas/lsr_evolver_group.evl

      theres only like 20 presets in there right now, I had a bunch of presets that were jsut
      variations of the factory ones (damn but the factory presets were awesome) so I went thru
      and initialized all the presets. Let me know if one of these is directly ne of the originals (how
      embarrassing).

      I will post more later as I weed out plagiarism is folks would like it.

      --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "Mathieu S." <matsag21@...> wrote:

      > yes soundTower format should be fine.
      > thanks,
      > mat.
    • Mathieu Sagot
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 12, 2007
        thx for the patches. even if they are from the preset, i had missed them.

        cheers

        mat.

        J Lesser wrote:

        > ok
        >
        > http://www.lsr1.com/evolver/xmas/lsr_evolver_group.evl
        > <http://www.lsr1.com/evolver/xmas/lsr_evolver_group.evl>
        >
        > theres only like 20 presets in there right now, I had a bunch of presets
        > that were jsut
        > variations of the factory ones (damn but the factory presets were
        > awesome) so I went thru
        > and initialized all the presets. Let me know if one of these is directly
        > ne of the originals (how
        > embarrassing).
        >
        > I will post more later as I weed out plagiarism is folks would like it.

        > --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:DSI_Evolver%40yahoogroups.com>, "Mathieu S." <matsag21@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > yes soundTower format should be fine.
        > > thanks,
        > > mat.

      • Matt Stanbro
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 13, 2007
          Okay all I ask for is one simple thing, I want to be
          able to control my Lfo Rates, Lfo amounts, and Mod
          Amounts Via Midi. We are talking about 4 midi channels
          for rates, 4 midi channels for lfo amounts and 3
          channels for mod amounts. I can't imagine this to be
          THAT difficult to include. Seriously though the 4
          lfo's are one of the coolest parts about the evolver
          and the modulation section is kind of (and can be)
          like an LFO... I HAVE TO HAVE IT! Come on Dave you are
          one of my heros, make the evolver completely
          programmable via midi. I know you can do it, and if
          you can't do that at least give us control over the
          lfo's and mod rates and amounts. The Evolver midi
          control would be almost perfect at that point anyhow.
          You are a genius Dave Smith, I know you can do it.

          Don't pick lemons.
          See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
          http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
        • Robert Krueger
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 13, 2007
            Matt Stanbro wrote:
            > Okay all I ask for is one simple thing, I want to be
            > able to control my Lfo Rates, Lfo amounts, and Mod
            > Amounts Via Midi. We are talking about 4 midi channels
            > for rates, 4 midi channels for lfo amounts and 3
            > channels for mod amounts. I can't imagine this to be
            > THAT difficult to include. Seriously though the 4
            > lfo's are one of the coolest parts about the evolver
            > and the modulation section is kind of (and can be)
            > like an LFO... I HAVE TO HAVE IT! Come on Dave you are
            > one of my heros, make the evolver completely
            > programmable via midi. I know you can do it, and if
            > you can't do that at least give us control over the
            > lfo's and mod rates and amounts. The Evolver midi
            > control would be almost perfect at that point anyhow.
            > You are a genius Dave Smith, I know you can do it.

            You can control all of that now via SYSEX. The parameters and midi code
            are well documented in the manual.

            And why would you need a separate midi channel for each? They can all be
            controlled and edited via a single midi channel.
          • Matt Stanbro
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 14, 2007
              Okay, well you tell me how to get ableton to send
              sysex and I will tell you that you are one of my new
              heros. Also, tell me how to get my midi keyboard to
              send sysex messages and that would be just fine with
              me. I don't think that what I am asking for is
              unreasonable.

              Also sorry for my bad grammer, what I meant to say is
              midi CONTROL channels.

              Now are you telling me that My problems are already
              solved and I don't need to be frustrated anymore that
              my four LFO's are virtually impossible to edit using
              my system? If so I am happy happy man and I will write
              a song about your greatness.

              Be a PS3 game guru.
            • Robert Krueger
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 14, 2007
                Matt Stanbro wrote:
                > Okay, well you tell me how to get ableton to send
                > sysex and I will tell you that you are one of my new
                > heros.
                >
                >Also, tell me how to get my midi keyboard to
                > send sysex messages and that would be just fine with
                > me. I don't think that what I am asking for is
                > unreasonable.
                >
                > Also sorry for my bad grammer, what I meant to say is
                > midi CONTROL channels.
                >
                > Now are you telling me that My problems are already
                > solved and I don't need to be frustrated anymore that
                > my four LFO's are virtually impossible to edit using
                > my system? If so I am happy happy man and I will write
                > a song about your greatness.

                I think you mean CONTINUOUS CONTROLLER assignments (CC#'s) for the
                lfo's, correct? The "channels" usage is confusing since midi channels
                are an entirely different thing. I think you can understand the
                misinterpretation.

                It would probably be in your best interests to send your specific
                feature requests to dave smith himself rather than to the list,
                especially when you're addressing him directly in your message. I could
                be wrong, but I don't believe he actively reads this list. Please
                someone pipe in if this is not true. I would definitely send one direct
                though. I did back in the day asking for more CC's to be implemented,
                apparently many did because we have them now.

                In the meantime, try using the assignable controllers for Mod Wheel,
                Breath Controller, Foot Controller, and Expression Controller. CC's for
                those are 1, 2, 3, and 13. And I'm sure you're aware, but just in case,
                any free sequencer tracks you aren't using....

                I have a feeling that all the available CC's that could be used, were
                used now. Ask Dave and find out. And if you do get a response from Dave
                about it, please let the list know what you heard.
              • Dale
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 14, 2007
                  Dave's web site pretty much say's, he does not actively look into each group or forum. Which like you said, it's best to contact him direct.

                  Making a list is fine if someone gathers it and presents to him. I can not think of a single email to Dave that he did not answer. Even over the holidays, a day or two and it was there. I would say, Dave is very responsive and active.

                  I have been gathering on my side anyway.. I will be at NAMM in a few days and will drop in to see Dave. I thought I pass what was posted here to him. It's all a jumble so if someone would tidy it up a bit. ;-)

                  dale

                  New synth programming group for all synths.
                  Synth_Programming-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 16, 2007
                    Hello,

                    the last month i got twice some patch names corrupted. a bunch of 10 or
                    so (consecutive numbers) patch names have been replaced by
                    "?->?->?->?->?". It happened on my poly rack, but i recall it had
                    happened once on my mono evolver desktop.
                    I am also using the soundtower editor.

                    does it happen to anybody else? any idea on how i could prevent this in
                    the future?

                    thank you

                    mathieu

                    All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
                  • Barzin Daragahi

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 23, 2007
                        I am assuming you are using the desktop evolver.

                        Upgrade the OS to 3.0. This requires you to install a new chip in it (go to the website and you will find purchase info). It will allow you to use CC's to control LFO amongst other things. Don't try to control it via a controller keyboard because the evolver's sysex implementation is jacked and not all keyboards can exploit the evolver's sysex the way it was meant to be exploited.

                        -Jim

[...]

                        TV dinner still cooling?