Re: [Evolver] Who comes late gets no money

  • electrotimba
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2006
      Punishment? Get a life. Music is my profession and passion I have no
      time to waste, one company delivers other does not, so I get what
      works. From this little story here I see that psychocraft have time
      for internet bullsh...g but not what they are suppose to do.I dont
      care, really, just sharing my experience and advice for those who
      might be in similar position as me.
      Matter closed

      --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, mr julian <jujulilianan@...> wrote:

      > >One good troll deserves another, eh?
      > >

      > not at all.... electrotimba's punishment is the very fact that he's
      > broadcasting his own failings freely and openly on multiple public
      foums
      > for everyone to see.
      >
      > I'm just not prepared to see some utter idiot standing up and blaming
      > their own inability to work out how to contact people when the first
      > mode fails (for whatever reason) on a software company that I have
      > personally, directly, through being a paying customer of both,
      > experienced to be 1 000 000 times better than soundtower.
      >
      > >Soundtower is intuitive, full featured and stable.
      > >
      > vyzor is a very elegant piece of synth programming
      conceptualisation....
      > an almost perfect extension of the desktop evolver's concept, in my
      > eyes. it's a delight to work with. It has new, useful features that any
      > old standard "patch editor" will never even approach. And after a very
      > early public beta bigfix, I haven't had a crash or lockup..
      >
      > Seriously - It's changed the way I want to work with the evolver, and
      > lead (partly! - getting a big 80s mixing desk probably had a bit
      more to
      > do with that) to a massive studio re-organisation, that's going to
      allow
      > me to do a hell fo a lot more than I used to.... when I finally get it
      > all finished, at least... :-/
      >
      > And when the final version of vyzor evolver is released, I know that it
      > will be even better, faster to work with, and more useful than it
      > already is.
      >
      > In fact, want to buy vyzor editors for all my my MIDI gear! (in
      > particular, my airbase99 and microwave1, if anyone is listening! :-)
      >
      > > Customer support is
      > >fast and top-notch.
      > >
      > aaah.... see, I tried to follow your example, and only post positive
      > things about my evolver editor of choice to reply... but... well....
      no,
      > soundtower customer service is NOT fast, and nowhere near top notch....
      > consistently.
      >
      > what about the huge discussion that ran on this very list, years ago,
      > where soundtower customer after soundtower customer posted their
      > frustrations and pain with the supposdedly finished product that had to
      > be fought against to do even the simplest things, and how the only was
      > any of this was addressed, was by repeated, public pressure on the
      > developer? Didn't Dave Smith himself have to go in and email the
      > developer with everyone's problems to get the program made usable,
      cause
      > they were ignoring everyone who went to them privately with (the same!)
      > problems?
      >
      > Every public and private action I have seen from soundtower points them
      > to be uninterested in the happiness of their users, or the quality of
      > their products. They repeatedly unleash unfinished, buggy code on
      > people, and repeatedly ignore private communications from people who
      > then have problems with it.
      >
      > OK, the soundtower support guy on this list seems really competent,
      > helpful, and friendly. But he's not the person who runs the company.
      > He's the bandaid on the festering, septic sore that is the core of
      > soundtower's basic concept of software development.
      >

      > On the other side of the fence - "Customer support" isn't really an
      > issue for the vyzor evolver yet, because it's still in public beta...
      > but if the dedication and passion from psycraft that I've seen on the
      > vyzor evolver beta list is anything to go by, then you'll bet it's
      going
      > to be great... (then again, the amount of work and multi platform
      > testing that's going into getting vyzor evolver 1.0 as perfect as
      > possible, I wonder if they're going to have anyone with any problems to
      > sort out at all?:-)
      >
      > >I like it too.
      > >

      > congratulations. I hope you appreciate that it took a lot of people a
      > lot of yelling and kicking to get that program as useful and good as it
      > is now.
      >
      > >BTW - Their Microwave XT editor is my favorite synth editor ever :)
      > >

      > You should try their microwave I editor...
      > :-/

    • mr julian
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2006
        >Punishment? Get a life. Music is my profession and passion I have no
        >time to waste,

        hahahaha! ....that's funny, coming from someone who's done HOW many
        posts to the ableton forums?

        By the way, you should perhaps consider that time spent learning to
        understand something you want to talk about in public is not wasted, if
        it prevents you from making a complete arse of yourself.