[Evolver] Re: midi controller recommendations

  • adamburr1973
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 1, 2005
      no, i don't think the remote25 sysex implementation is flexible enough
      to control the evolver. it should be able to handle all the new CCs
      though.

      --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "=[BW]=gange" <gange@g...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >

      > has anyone tried the novation remote 25 together with the evo
      desktop? The
      > evo sysex implementation is very tricky.
      >
      > When I try to change one parameter of my evo i need to change two
      sysex bits
      > at the the same time (LS Nibble, MS Nibble).
      >
      > The Remote 25 allows only one bit at the same time. I Know I can
      order the
      > 3.0 update and use these CCs. Is there a SYSEXWAY?
      >

      > Greetings from berlin gange
      >

      > _____

      trument&w2=Keyboard+synthesizers&w3=Synthesizer+music&w4=Electronic+music&w5

      =Music+sampler&w6=Electronic+musical+instrument&c=6&s=153&.sig=n27uNzbFtapT-
      > aEvPkMouQ> instrument
      >
      > Keyboard

      trument&w2=Keyboard+synthesizers&w3=Synthesizer+music&w4=Electronic+music&w5

      =Music+sampler&w6=Electronic+musical+instrument&c=6&s=153&.sig=KQoi6NJUPCl6x
      > Eu6-35crg> synthesizers
      >
      > Synthesizer

      ent&w2=Keyboard+synthesizers&w3=Synthesizer+music&w4=Electronic+music&w5=Mus

      ic+sampler&w6=Electronic+musical+instrument&c=6&s=153&.sig=zguXwCDV08VoBAxBV
      > jSDXg> music
      >

      > Electronic

      nt&w2=Keyboard+synthesizers&w3=Synthesizer+music&w4=Electronic+music&w5=Musi

      c+sampler&w6=Electronic+musical+instrument&c=6&s=153&.sig=dCctVemJ3cl3poZ3-s
      > IpRg> music
      >
      > Music

      w2=Keyboard+synthesizers&w3=Synthesizer+music&w4=Electronic+music&w5=Music+s

      ampler&w6=Electronic+musical+instrument&c=6&s=153&.sig=-g4_RLV32FWRqpLG2VRAf
      > Q> sampler
      >
      > Electronic

      onic+instrument&w2=Keyboard+synthesizers&w3=Synthesizer+music&w4=Electronic+

      music&w5=Music+sampler&w6=Electronic+musical+instrument&c=6&s=153&.sig=JoKDL
      > f8lPH39Y4YfLV3vvg> musical instrument
      >

      > _____
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      > * Visit your group "DSI_Evolver
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DSI_Evolver> " on the web.

      > _____

    • altitude909
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 18, 2005
        Agreed, although the remote sysex implementation is decent, the evo
        has a pretty advanced sysex implementation. I use my remote with the
        evovler CCs with no problems though

        --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "adamburr1973" <adamburr1973@y...>
        wrote:

        > no, i don't think the remote25 sysex implementation is flexible enough
        > to control the evolver. it should be able to handle all the new CCs
        > though.
        >
        > --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "=[BW]=gange" <gange@g...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi all,
        > >

        > > has anyone tried the novation remote 25 together with the evo
        > desktop? The
        > > evo sysex implementation is very tricky.
        > >
        > > When I try to change one parameter of my evo i need to change two
        > sysex bits
        > > at the the same time (LS Nibble, MS Nibble).
        > >
        > > The Remote 25 allows only one bit at the same time. I Know I can
        > order the
        > > 3.0 update and use these CCs. Is there a SYSEXWAY?
        > >

        > > Greetings from berlin gange
        > >

        > > _____

      • rickyannotta
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 18, 2005
          Anyone have a Evolver template for the novation remote they can
          share? I have mapped a few basic cc's and filter/resonance to the
          XY pad. Doesn't quite work they way I want though. Like to see if a
          more experienced user created something for the remote & evo with
          the new ability to use cc's...

          Thanks

          Rick

          --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "altitude909" <altitude@o...>
          wrote:

          > Agreed, although the remote sysex implementation is decent, the evo
          > has a pretty advanced sysex implementation. I use my remote with
          the
          > evovler CCs with no problems though
          >
          > --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "adamburr1973"
          <adamburr1973@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > no, i don't think the remote25 sysex implementation is flexible
          enough
          > > to control the evolver. it should be able to handle all the new
          CCs
          > > though.
          > >
          > > --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "=[BW]=gange" <gange@g...>
          wrote:

          > > > Hi all,
          > > >

          > > > has anyone tried the novation remote 25 together with the evo
          > > desktop? The
          > > > evo sysex implementation is very tricky.
          > > >
          > > > When I try to change one parameter of my evo i need to change
          two
          > > sysex bits
          > > > at the the same time (LS Nibble, MS Nibble).
          > > >
          > > > The Remote 25 allows only one bit at the same time. I Know I
          can
          > > order the
          > > > 3.0 update and use these CCs. Is there a SYSEXWAY?
          > > >

          > > > Greetings from berlin gange
          > > >

          > > > _____

          t=ms&k=Electronic+instrument&w1=Electronic+ins

          trument&w2=Keyboard+synthesizers&w3=Synthesizer+music&w4=Electronic+m
          usic&w5

          =Music+sampler&w6=Electronic+musical+instrument&c=6&s=153&.sig=n27uNz
          bFtapT-
          > > > aEvPkMouQ> instrument
          > > >
          > > > Keyboard

          t=ms&k=Keyboard+synthesizers&w1=Electronic+ins

          trument&w2=Keyboard+synthesizers&w3=Synthesizer+music&w4=Electronic+m
          usic&w5

          =Music+sampler&w6=Electronic+musical+instrument&c=6&s=153&.sig=KQoi6N
          JUPCl6x
          > > > Eu6-35crg> synthesizers
          > > >
          > > > Synthesizer

          t=ms&k=Synthesizer+music&w1=Electronic+instrum

          ent&w2=Keyboard+synthesizers&w3=Synthesizer+music&w4=Electronic+music
          &w5=Mus

          ic+sampler&w6=Electronic+musical+instrument&c=6&s=153&.sig=zguXwCDV08
          VoBAxBV
          > > > jSDXg> music
          > > >

          > > > Electronic

          t=ms&k=Electronic+music&w1=Electronic+instrume

          nt&w2=Keyboard+synthesizers&w3=Synthesizer+music&w4=Electronic+music&
          w5=Musi

          c+sampler&w6=Electronic+musical+instrument&c=6&s=153&.sig=dCctVemJ3cl
          3poZ3-s
          > > > IpRg> music
          > > >
          > > > Music

          t=ms&k=Music+sampler&w1=Electronic+instrument&

          w2=Keyboard+synthesizers&w3=Synthesizer+music&w4=Electronic+music&w5=
          Music+s

          > ampler&w6=Electronic+musical+instrument&c=6&s=153&.sig=-
          g4_RLV32FWRqpLG2VRAf

          > > > Electronic

          t=ms&k=Electronic+musical+instrument&w1=Electr

          onic+instrument&w2=Keyboard+synthesizers&w3=Synthesizer+music&w4=Elec
          tronic+

          music&w5=Music+sampler&w6=Electronic+musical+instrument&c=6&s=153&.si
          g=JoKDL
          > > > f8lPH39Y4YfLV3vvg> musical instrument
          > > >

          > > > _____
          > > >
          > > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          > > >

          > > > * Visit your group "DSI_Evolver
          > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DSI_Evolver> " on the web.

          subject=Unsubscribe>

          > > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Terms of Service.
          > > >

          > > > _____

        • justmullaya
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 19, 2005
            I just posted one up in the files miscellaneous section if you want to
            check it out. It's called NovationEvo.syx. Not quite finished yet as I
            only made it for use at uni and I'm on holidays at the moment!
            There's a few workarounds due to the lack of knobs on the remote -
            like you can only turn oscillators on or off via buttons rather than
            setting the levels. Nothing mapped to the XY pad yet either.
            Yes the Novation sysex doesn't work with the evo. I spent a few hours
            trying though.

            Also - there is errors in the 3.0 docs..
            Noise level is CC62 (not 59)
            and for some reason CC127 or 128 (I think) controls an oscillator
            frequency

            --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "rickyannotta" <rickyannotta@y...>
            wrote:

            > Anyone have a Evolver template for the novation remote they can
            > share? I have mapped a few basic cc's and filter/resonance to the
            > XY pad. Doesn't quite work they way I want though. Like to see if a
            > more experienced user created something for the remote & evo with
            > the new ability to use cc's...
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Rick

          • altitude909
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 21, 2005
              Nice.

              Been working on mine also so I will check yours out:)

              --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "justmullaya" <justmull@f...> wrote:

              > I just posted one up in the files miscellaneous section if you want to
              > check it out. It's called NovationEvo.syx. Not quite finished yet as I
              > only made it for use at uni and I'm on holidays at the moment!
              > There's a few workarounds due to the lack of knobs on the remote -
              > like you can only turn oscillators on or off via buttons rather than
              > setting the levels. Nothing mapped to the XY pad yet either.
              > Yes the Novation sysex doesn't work with the evo. I spent a few hours
              > trying though.
              >
              > Also - there is errors in the 3.0 docs..
              > Noise level is CC62 (not 59)
              > and for some reason CC127 or 128 (I think) controls an oscillator
              > frequency
              >

              > --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "rickyannotta" <rickyannotta@y...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Anyone have a Evolver template for the novation remote they can
              > > share? I have mapped a few basic cc's and filter/resonance to the
              > > XY pad. Doesn't quite work they way I want though. Like to see if a
              > > more experienced user created something for the remote & evo with
              > > the new ability to use cc's...
              > >
              > > Thanks
              > >
              > > Rick

            • rickyannotta
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 22, 2005
                justmullaya,
                I loaded your template into the remote editor last night to take a
                look. Good work here - The controls are logically laid out.

                Having the buttons mute the OSC is a good idea since you can't do
                that on the Evo's front panel. I find myself fiddling with the OSC
                volumes to often when trying to create multi-OSC sequences.

                I'll probably customize this to my liking, setup the XY pad and call
                it a day. Much thanks & respect for providing the initial
                layout!