Re: [Evolver] power off button? and sync advice needed

  • microkorg666
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
      Oh, I was hoping for a shift + reset option or something like that. I
      find it strange they made it without power off. Its not a big deal
      since I actually unplug my stuff after playing, but never the less
      strange.

      BTW Neill, thanks for the answer on the Elektron group. It actually
      solves my second question here.

      --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, niall munnelly <aleph@a...> wrote:
      > On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 01:45:56AM -0000, microkorg666 wrote:
      > >
      > > 1. Is there a power off switch, button, etc..? The only way I
      know to
      > > turn my evolver off is simply unplug it. Is there any alternative?
      >
      > buy one of those in-wire lamp switches and stick it on the
      > power supply.
      >

      > --
      > yours,
      > niall.
    • Miles Bader
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
        "microkorg666" <glamourofviolence@...> writes:
        > Oh, I was hoping for a shift + reset option or something like that. I
        > find it strange they made it without power off. Its not a big deal
        > since I actually unplug my stuff after playing, but never the less
        > strange.

        Dave got the hint with the poly-evolver... :-)

        The original Evolver is a _great_ little instrument, but it does have a
        number of such "first-generation" quirks.

        -Miles
        --
        Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
      • pH
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2005
          would be nice to see. personally I'd like to see some cv/gates. but the
          Evolver-S would be very welcome. Keep it small. just add another row for
          the sampler functions. Or space for some pads switches like a drum machine
          of MPC.

          just a thought, this thing sounds so great but mine has been in hibernation
          due to the lack of CV.
          -pH