RE: [Evolver] evolver + polyevolver

  • Don Gothard
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2004
      I have this setup and it works as expected and listed in the manual. However
      even though they are supposed to be exactly the same hardware, to my ears
      the poly sounds just a little bit better, Don't know if its just the
      inconsistencies in analog circuits I'm hearing but I can hear it. Dave says
      this should not be the case. Anyways I seem to find myself lately using the
      sounds of the four voice Poly and using the Mono Evolver as a control
      surface for it (albeit an expensive one) most of the time. This works good
      for me, and I always have the 5th voice should I need it. It's hard enough
      to make four evolver voices fit

      Don

    • droolmaster0
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2004
        I looked throught the manual, and my main concern didn't seem to be
        addressed directly, though I might have missed it.

        I kind of inferred that if you want to use the evolver as a control
        interface for the Poly, you have to set up the Poly as a 4 voice
        polyphonic. It didn't seem to be possible to control 5 independent
        synths and sequencers from the Evolver.

        That would be necessary for me to buy the Poly, I think.

        --- In DSI_Evolver@yahoogroups.com, "Don Gothard" <gothard@s...>
        wrote:
        > I have this setup and it works as expected and listed in the
        manual. However
        > even though they are supposed to be exactly the same hardware, to
        my ears
        > the poly sounds just a little bit better, Don't know if its just the
        > inconsistencies in analog circuits I'm hearing but I can hear it.
        Dave says
        > this should not be the case. Anyways I seem to find myself lately
        using the
        > sounds of the four voice Poly and using the Mono Evolver as a
        control
        > surface for it (albeit an expensive one) most of the time. This
        works good
        > for me, and I always have the 5th voice should I need it. It's hard
        enough
        > to make four evolver voices fit
        >
        > Don

        LAUNCHcast!