Midi Note number / sequencer

  • Edward Majcher
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2004
      So...am I right in assuming that the midi note
      number parameter has no real usefullness for the
      internal sound engine when used as a sequencer
      parameter? If I wanted to use velocity as a
      sequencer parameter wouldn't I have to waste the
      first sequencer destination on midi note number,
      just to get midi velocity as the second.

      I am first trying to get my head around the synth
      engine by creating standard analogish patches and
      sequences ( 303 esque ). Any help would be very
      appreciated.

      Ed

      http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
    • ski_ex5tech
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2004
        Ed, WRT MIDI note number, I'm not sure I follow you. MIDI note
        number is used as a modulation SOURCE. It's not a DESTINATION (such
        as a sequencer destination). One example of using MIDI note number
        as a modulation source is to scale the volume of your patch across
        the keyboard to make the upper and lower ranges more equal in
        volume. Another would be to vary LFO modulation speed across the
        keyboard. Make sense?

        Explore the presets that you like, and edit them to see what makes
        them tick. I also highly recommend you download our "Evolutionaries"
        sound set. Details are in the following topic at EX5Tech:

        Evolutionaries • 2003 User Forum Soundset • rev1
        http://www.ex5tech.com/ex5ubb_cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?
        ubb=get_topic&f=23&t=000035

        (Note: If your email client or the Yahoo website has split the text
        of the link above, you will need to copy/paste it into the address
        bar of your browser.)

        I think you'll find a lot of sounds in Evolutionaries that you'll
        like a lot.

        Ski
        www.ex5tech.com
        EX5Tech Evolver forum: